Chapter 22: It's Time For Second Chances (Final)

Castiel awoke with two strong arms circling his waist. He was pressed against a muscular chest, warmth radiating off the person next to him. Castiel slowly turned around, the arms just gripping him tighter when he did. Two emerald green eyes met his own, twinkling in the morning sun.

"Hey, beautiful."

Castiel struggled against Dean's arms, sitting close to the edge of the bed once Dean released him. "What did we do last night?"

"You know what we did," Dean smirked, inching closer to Cas, stopping when he noticed Castiel's distressed expression. "What's wrong?" Dean asked, his eyes full of concern.

"Where am I?" Castiel asked, his breathing quickening. What the hell happened last night? The only thing he could remember was a knock and a hit to his head. After that just excruciating pain and glowing blue eyes.

"You're home..." Dean said carefully, eyeing Cas up and down as if he was trying to determine what's wrong with him.

"No, I'm not! I probably even slept with you!" Castiel nearly screamed, making Dean jump. "I haven't forgiven you for the Lisa thing you know."

"Who's Lisa?" Dean asked, clearly confused. "Babe, are you okay?"

"I-" Castiel couldn't speak. It was as if he was frozen, unable to move. It was as if he woke up in some dream world. A world where Dean never cheated, a world where they were together. It probably had to do with some supernatural thing, there was no other explanation. However, in this moment, Cas didn't care.

"I'm sorry, I think I had a bad dream," Castiel smiled, trying to reassure Dean. He looked skeptical but didn't mention it and lifted the duvet.

"Sleep a while longer." And Cas did just that.

****

"When is Sam going to arrive?" Dean asked Bobby, anxiously checking the time on the arrivals board. Sam had taken the first plane back to South Dakota when he ended the call. It was obvious his big brother needed him, he just didn't know for what yet.

"In fifteen minutes. Now, stop pacing, boy."

"Sorry, Bobby," Dean said, sitting down in one of the chairs. He kept twisting his mother's ring on his finger as a habit when he was nervous.

Sam arrived in twenty minutes, suitcase in hand and ready to go. Dean had hugged him tightly, nearly breaking down in his brother's arms. Sam patted him on the back and pulled out of the hug with a worried expression.

Once they were seated in the Impala to drive back to Dean's place, they told Sam the story. How Dean ran into Cas again, how they were supposed to meet at Cas's place and how Cas was gone now. Of course they didn't forget about the other kidnap's, where the bodies were found with liquefied intestines. Sam recognized the symptoms immediately.

"A Djinn?"

"Bingo," Dean said to lighten the mood, but wobbling of his voice betrayed him. He was beyond worried and the stress finally hit him. He had to make sure Cas was alright, he had to save him.

"The vic's have 24 hours. After that, they end up dead, liquefied intestines and a blue handprint where the Djinn touched them," Sam mumbled to himself, before turning his attention to Dean and Bobby. "We need to be quick."

"Yeah, I know. They are usually in places where they can hide. Do we have abandoned warehouses or something?"

"We do," Bobby said, glancing over at Dean who was gripping his steering wheel a bit too tightly, his knuckles turning white.

"Do you have some African Dream Root left, Bobby?"

"Back at my place, I'll drive there after you boys get home."