Chapter 6: So... How About A Date? Part 1

From Blue Eyes:

But you can join us if you want?

Castiel quickly sends after Dean's text, he has never typed that fast in his life.

From Freckles:

Sure, I'll meet you by your locker.

Dean smiled, replying Castiel's text.

Maybe not everything is ruined.

**********

Dean found Castiel by his locker, getting books out of his bag and placing it in his organized locker.

"Guess who?" Dean asked huskily after placing his hands before his eyes, making Castiel freeze instantly. However Castiel quickly recognized the voice.

"Hello Dean." Castiel responded, closing his locker and turning around. He was now facing Dean and even though he was getting used to his looks, Dean took his breath away every time.

"You're no fun." Dean pouted, almost making Castiel groan. Oh, how he wanted to kiss that adorable pout on his face. Instead, he walked past him, no longer trapped between the lockers and Dean's body, scolding himself for the thoughts popping into his head. What if he slips up when Dean is around, he will be losing a potential friend. Not that he doesn't have any friends, he just doesn't want to ruin this one.

Of course Castiel wanted more than just friends, but he didn't know how Dean felt about his and he sure as hell wasn't going to ask. Too many risks.

They finally reached the cafeteria that was placed on the other side of the school. Castiel easily spotted his friends sitting at a table near the doors leading outside. Sometimes they sat outside, eating under a large willow tree in the shadows. Today was too cold to sit outside so they were forced indoors.

Instead of going to the group, he took Dean to the food section, figuring he must be hungry. Today was pizza day so the food section was crazy busy, students everywhere trying to get a slice of pizza. Castiel wasn't fan of larger groups of people, he would feel claustrophobic surrounded by walls of people. Like he couldn't get out if he wanted to. His breathing quickened and his eyes darted around, looking for an opening.

Luckily he had Dean, somehow grounding him with only grabbing his hand so they wouldn't get separated. His breathing slowed down again, returning back to normal. Dean had a great impact on Castiel without even knowing.

"Are you okay?" A deep concerned voice asked him. Castiel focused his gaze on Dean, noticing the frown and remembering he had to actually answer instead of staring at him.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." Castiel tried with a not convincing smile on his face. Castiel's cheeks turned scarlet red when he looked down, seeing their intertwined hands. Either Dean didn't notice or Dean didn't care, but he pulled Castiel along to the long line that formed.

After about 10 minutes of waiting and paying for their food, they were headed to Castiel's friends. Dean wasn't shy and he could easily talk to everybody, but right now? He felt nervous. He wanted to impress Castiel's friends, he actually needed them to like him.

He has only known Castiel for a few days and he knew his dad won't approve of a relationship like this and it wasn't fair for Castiel, Dean was going to leave in a short time and break his heart.

However, Dean needed Castiel.

Dean was going to ask Castiel on a date. He searched the internet for date locations as Dean is more of a one night stand type of guy. Some girly site suggested a picnic, so Dean searched around and spotted the perfect picnic place. It was a large field with beautiful flowers and most importantly hidden by trees, blocking the rest of the world.