Chapter 3: Projects do wonders for your love life.

He already knew Castiel would wait for him.

***********

He was right.

When Dean's class was finished and he took the books he needed for homework out of his locker, he walked to the school entrance.
Before him stood the beautiful blue eyed boy, leaning against the wall next to the doors. The boy was too engulfed in his phone to notice Dean's arrival.

Dean smirked and shuffled so he was next to him and stepped a few inches closer. "Whatcha doin" Dean whispered in Castiel's ear.
Castiel jumped a few feet away from Dean, his heart pounding in his chest. It took him a while to get himself together and when he did, he shot a glare Dean's way.

"You scared me." Castiel stated, already getting annoyed with Dean.

"Yeah, I know." Dean chuckled. "Let's go."

Castiel followed Dean to his car, when he spotted a smaller kid sitting on top of the hood. "Sam get off." Dean shouted, clearly not happy with the kid. Sam jumped off of the car and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What? I had to wait for you and I'm tired." Sam exclaimed, with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Dean just rolled his eyes and unlocked the car.

"Sammy, this is Cas." Dean introduced. "And Cas this is Sammy."

"My name is Sam." Sam said, shaking Castiel's hand.

"And my name is Castiel." Castiel smiled, and Sam smiled back, giving Castiel a nod.

Castiel opened the passenger's door. Once they were both seated, Dean started the engine and took off. Dean pressed the play button of the small radio and ear bleeding volume ripped through the silence in the car. "Dean, this is a bit loud." Castiel spoke, his voice louder so Dean could hear him over the music. Dean saw the shocked face of Castiel and actually felt sorry, so he turned down the volume.

"Sorry." Dean smiled apologetically and looked over at Castiel, who gave him a small smile. Dean focused back on the road, trying to ignore the small butterflies forming in his stomach at Castiel's smile.

He wasn't planning on falling in love, not when he was going to leave in a few weeks. He didn't want to break Castiel's heart. And of course he didn't want to break his own either. Sometimes Dean wished he was normal; with boring parents, normal brother, and friends in general. But with the constant road trip, all of these things seemed impossible.

Deep down, he knew he could fall in love with Castiel, he isn't yet, but he could. He wished he could, that would be one hell of a relationship. Though he knows he can't.

He was doomed.

********

The rest of the ride was in a comfortable silence. The minutes flew by and in no time, they were at Dean's apartment.

Sam stepped out first and went through the door of the apartment, not waiting for Castiel or Dean. They soon followed, entrancing the small home of the Winchester brothers.

Castiel liked it already; it was not too big, which made the place very homey.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Dean asked Castiel. Sam had already disappeared into his room. "No thank you." Castiel replied, a small smile tugging at his lips. Who knew Dean would be so proper.

"Okay, project then?" Dean asked, already knowing the answer. Castiel just nodded and followed Dean to his room.

Dean's room was still a bit empty, probably because he just moved here. Castiel couldn't help but notice there were only two bedrooms in the apartment, where were their parents? Maybe they lived alone? But who would make a kid watch over a smaller kid. He never actually learned Dean's age, but Castiel guessed he was about seventeen.

The closing of the door broke Castiel out of his thoughts. Castiel turned to Dean who was standing in front of the door. They stared at each together a bit awkwardly, neither of them saying anything, before Dean cleared his throat and picked up his laptop. He walked with it towards his bed and plumped down, making the bed bounce at the force.

"I won't bite, you know." Dean joked, gazing up at Castiel who was still standing in the middle of the room not knowing what to do with himself. Castiel hesitated a bit, but still sat down next to Dean. He did make sure there were at least a good 10 inches between them. He didn't want to make Dean feel uncomfortable.

Dean didn't seem to notice and typed away on his laptop, looking up information on bullying. Castiel stood up again and grabbed his backpack, containing books on the topic he picked up earlier at the library in his free period.

They worked together in silence for a while, until Dean sighed, claiming he was bored. So they stopped working and decided to play 20 questions.

"You start." Dean said, making himself comfortable on the bed now that he doesn't have a laptop on his lap anymore.

"Ehm, why did you move here?" Castiel asked, blushing a little. He didn't quite know what he could and what he couldn't ask, maybe there were touchy subjects. He didn't want to lose Dean know. Castiel liked him and it's only been a day, go figure.

"My dad got a job here, so we had to move." Dean explained. Well, at least it was kind of true, it was just a different kind of job.

Castiel gave him a soft smile and nodded, looking at him expectantly. Dean thought for a while, not quite sure what he had to ask. He had way too many questions and couldn't decide which one. "Do you have a girlfriend?" Dean blurted out, cheeks heating up.

Smooth Dean, really damn smooth.

Castiel's face turned scarlet, shall he answer with the truth? How would Dean react? Castiel was sure Dean was straight, he saw the winks Dean threw at girls in the hallways of their school.

"I-I'm gay." Castiel stuttered, tightly closing his eyes, he didn't want to see Dean's reaction.

Dean didn't say anything, he just stood there unable to move with his jaw slack.

This is the best news I have heard in a while.

Castiel mistook Dean's silence for bad news, jumped off of the bed and hurried to the door.

"I'll just go now." Castiel murmured, and turned the door knob.

Dean could move again and quickly grabbed Castiel's hand, turning him around against the door.
Castiel waited for a punch that never came, instead there were soft and gentle words.

"Please don't go." Dean spoke, staring into the dazzling blue eyes. He could drown in those and he wouldn't mind it one bit.

"I'm Bi myself, I won't judge you Cas." Dean said, and gently put a hand on Castiel's cheek. Castiel leaned into the hand, melting at the touch.

Dean leaned in closer, his gaze switching from Castiel's eyes to his lips. Castiel unconsciously licked his lips, making Dean's eyes turn a shade darker. No longer looking like freshly mowed grass, but more forest green.

Castiel closed his eyes and Dean was only inches away when suddenly.

"Dean I'm hungry!" Sam voice interrupted the moment, making Dean groan.

"So..." He started. "Do you want to stay for dinner?"