Chapter Thirty Two

Seth's POV

Marian fidgeted with her fingers on her lap. I waited for her answer. I thought it would be better if we move in together. She was pregnant and she shouldn't be alone. She needed someone and I happened to be there.

"Seth, hindi mo naman kailangan gawin ito. I made a mistake and I'm sorry. Mula bata, dito na kami nakatira at pa akong naririnig na nalooban na bahay malapit dito."

"Paano 'pag nangyari talaga iyon?" I tried to keep my voice controlled but I still ended up raising it a little. "You don't even know what to do or how to defend yourself."

"But Seth-"

"No buts!" I quickly cut her off. "I'm going to move in here with you whether you like it or not."

"I don't want you to put your life on hold for me."

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this for the baby." Dahilan ko na lang. I was doing this for the both of them.

I decided to stay the night at Marian's house. Bukas na ako maglilipat ng mga damit ko. I was serious with moving in with her and nothing could change my mind. Mas maganda na rin ang ganito, nang hindi ako nag-aalala sa kanya. Hindi din naman ako mapakali 'pag di ko siya kasama. I'd be able to keep a closer and better eye on them.

The only room that had a bed in it was Marian's. Which means she had to share her room and bed with me. Sleeping together wasn't a big deal to us as we were already comfortable with each other. But I'm still a man. I have needs. I love fucking.

And Marian, she was beautiful and when I say beautiful, I mean beautiful. I didn't think she even knows it. Which doesn't help me in the slightest. Her face was clear and creamy. Her eyes were strong and passionate. I could tell she was the type who knew what she wanted. And her lips, Jesus, her sweet soft lips... they kill me.

I prayed that the baby would look like her. Sana wala itong mamanang kahit anong bahid ng ama nito, not that it would make me love the baby any less. Naisip ko na mas madali lang ipaliwanag sa iba kung may magtanong kung bakit hindi ko kamukha ang bata, pwede kong sabihin na kay Marian nagmana iyon.

"Good night, Seth." She whispered as she shifted to her side.

"Good night." I replied, laying my head down with a sigh.

After I was sure she was already asleep, I protectively wrapped an arm around her belly. I'd do anything for her and the baby. I'd protect them at all cost. Hindi man sa akin itong batang ito, napamahal na ako sa kanya hindi pa siya ipinapanganak.

If someday, the real father comes forth and attempts to claim his rightful paternity, he'd have to go through hell. I was the father of the baby now. Ako ang nandito ng wala siya. Ako ang nasa tabi ni Marian habang nagbubuntis siya. And I'd be there to witness the baby's birth, and the baby's first cry, the first word, the first step...

Marian's POV

I jumped out of the bed and went straight to the bathroom. I hadn't fully opened my eyes but I could already feel my stomach flipping. I dropped to my knees in front of the toilet, I lurched forward, putting my face in the toilet bowl.

Naramdaman ko ang kamay na humawi sa buhok ko. Seth held my hair back as I emptied my guts out while he was rubbing my back. After I was done, nanghihinang napasandal ako sa dingding. He flushed the toilet and handed me a glass of water.

Nahimasmasan lang ako ng makainom ako ng tubig.

"Is it always like this every morning?" He asked.

Umiling ako. "Not every morning. Minsan na lang ngayon."

"Is it something we should be worried about?" We? My heart fluttered at what he said. We talaga? Pakiramdam ko tuloy hindi lang ako ang naghihirap sa pagbubuntis. I didn't feel like I was alone in this anymore.