9.

December 17th 2016
London P.O.V

"Come on Paris! I'm not finna be late today fooling around with you. This is extremely important to me! Think of somebody else besides yourself for once, girl" I yell, rushing her. I know I hardly ever disrespect my baby by yelling at her, but she's pushing it. Being 6 months pregnant with a one year old ain't too easy.

"Do not yell" She says, putting on her sunglasses. "Bring ya ass and I wouldn't have to." I say, quickly.
Jesus take the wheel.

We get out to the car where Journey and Ms. April are all buckled up and awaiting our arrivals. Today is my maternity photo shoot. Guess you can kinda see why I yelled at Pay about being pressed for time.

"Alright, we out" I tell them, driving to the studio.

Tay P.O.V
December 17th 2016

I decided to stay home. Let the girls deal with that pregnancy thing. I had enough the very first time Kaay got pregnant. I'm done. Too much of a hassle for one man.

I rush to the microwave and grab my bowl of ravioli. "Ouch" I whisper and suck my finger. Gotta remember to put a little butter on that later. I go to King's room and see him intently watching Mickey Mouse.

I head to the couch and turn the t.v. to The Maury Show. This lowkey my shit.

Ms. April P.O.V
December 17th 2016

"Oh that is gorgeous, Lo" I say, looking at her on the camera screen. "Pretty Ma!" Paris yells. London quickly smiles, then goes back to her serious face.

"Costume change!" The photographer shouts. A couple people help London up off the floor and direct her to the bathroom. "Having fun, girlies?" I ask Pay and Journey. "Hungry" Pay says. "Same" Journey agrees. "Yall ain't ate?" I ask in shock. These two girls I know for sure won't leave the house unless they've eaten or has a snack along the way. "No. Too early" Journey says. "We'll get something to eat after this." I assure them. "IHOP?" Paris asks. I smile at her. "IHOP" I say and nod. "Yes!" Her and Journey cheer.

London walks out of the bathroom in nothing but a robe and some cream stilettos. "And what exactly was the costume change?" I ask. She sighs. "Well, ma. I gotta get naked" She says. My mouth drops. "Naked?" I repeat. She nods. "You mean, just as naked as you were when you were laying down making this baby?" I ask for clarification. "Yes, mama! Dang!" She confirms. Whoops! Guess I struck a nerve. I keep forgetting this is a rape baby she's carrying.

The photographer holds up a silk sheet to her and the robe falls to the ground. She lays down in a huge bed and he drapes the sheet across her. Only exposing her well rounded belly. "Girl! Take off your heels in them people bed!" I yell. The photographer laughs. "Tell her cut it out!" He says to London, still laughing. "Mama, quit!" She tells me. I sit back in the chair and place my index finger on my lips. "Quite on set" I whisper. London gives me a thumbs up. London lays back on the bed and the camera goes to clicking and flashing.

"Last change!" The photographer yells. He goes over and takes off London's heels for her and slides on her flip flops. She drapes herself in the blanket and goes to further down the hall. There's a white sheer curtain with an opening in the middle. "Whenever you're ready, drop the blanket babe" The photographer says. London immediately turns to me. I look away. "It's your call" I say and nod my head. I guess she's still a little shaken up about the attack in which left her pregnant. She nods her head. "Look, I'm gay. So, I don't care what ya got!" The photographer admits. London's mouth drops. "Ashton, I didn't know you were gay!" She says, shocked. "Well, I try to keep it undercover. After all, this is America. Home of the uptight fucks. Land of the judgers. Plus, we just met" He says. "Well, I know that. But, usually I have a gay-dar." She admits. I face palm myself. "A what, hunny?" He asks. "It's like a radar. But, for gay people. It usually goes off when I'm around gay people." She admits. "Really?" He asks. "Well, no. It's not a real thing. But, I can usually tell a gay person from a straight anytime." She explains. "Everybody ain't what they seem" He says. "Ain't that the truth!" She says, dropping the sheet. "Agreed" I say. They both snap their necks in my direction. "Oh! Sorry." I say and put my index finger back on my lips. I see why Paris still be talking after I tell her to put her "quiet finger" on. This shit don't work for nobody! I'm still talking in my damn head.

The photographer takes the last few shots. The curtains make it look like she's in the shower. It's really pretty.

"That's a wrap!" The photographer yells. All the crew claps. "Come view 'em, y'all!" The photographer tells us. London grabs her robe and covers up. "Y'all sit here " I tell Journey and Paris. Me and London go over to the photographers station where he's uploading the pictures onto a laptop. He scrolls through 30 pictures. 10 of each different scene. Together, Me and London pick out her 3 official pictures. "These the same 3 you want on the baby shower invitation?" I ask her. "Crap!" She says and slaps her forehead. "I gotta go to the doctors to find out the sex" She frantically says. "When?" I ask. "Soon!" She says. "How long before you can get these to me?" She asks Ashton. "Got three minutes?" He asks. She quickly nods. He starts printing and laminating the pictures. "All done" He says. "Yay" London cheers. She examines the pictures and nods her head. She grabs her clothes she wore here. "Baby you're leaving your heels!" Ashton calls out to her. "You wear 'em!" She shouts at him. "Come on, y'all!" She shouts at Paris and Journey. They run straight out the door and into the car. I follow them outside. London hurriedly rushes out here. She pops the trunk and puts her clothes in there. She hops in the drivers seat and starts the car. "Shit!" She whispers and heads back into the studio.

She comes back out looking as exhausted as ever. She gets back in the drivers seat. "Okay. I did pay him" She says and smiles. "You think that man would let you walk up out that studio without paying him? Yeah. You got pregnancy brain." I tell her. "Where we going?" Journey asks. "IHOP, silly" Paris responds. I awkwardly look at London. "I kinda told them we were going there after here" I tell her. "Woulda been a good idea to change back into my clothes in the studio then, huh?" She sarcastically asks. "Uh huh" I say and look down.

* London's maternity pictures in the media *

Vote
Comment
Add To Your Reading Lists
I Didn't Proofread ...