CHAPTER 4 : Pups

Ezra

As my anger began to fade at the sight of his bluish face, I felt the fear settle in as well as the uncertain confusion. I stared at my hands before blinking and looking back at France's wide eyed frozen expression.

"I-I... " The words seemed to fade from my mind. I felt someone brush up against me in passing, the sparks made it clear that it was Cody. He crouched beside France, he held his palm to France's chest. I watched with parted lips as France fluttered his eyes and he took a deep breath. I heard Cody mumble something under his breath, something from a different language, one I didn't understand and then France was out, he slumped down and his friends caught him.

"I'm sorry, "I whispered finally before bolting. I ran passed them as more of the pack members began to come peaking into the room, trying to see what the commotion was on.

"Ezra!" I heard the panicked voice of Cody calling my name. I didn't stop, even as my vision blurred with tears, I ran out and entered the woods in my panicked state. I get that I was told what I was, I had the dreams which had felt so real that happened to be my memories but, there was a difference between to being told and actually doing it.

I felt all kinds of messed up, especially since the first thing I do, is nearly freeze someone to death.

My lunges began to ache as I got far enough. I stopped by a fallen tree and I leaned my arms over it, burying my face in my arms. I cried. A silent sob as I saw the face of France, he was the bully, the tormentor but I was the actual bad guy, I was no better. I looked up as a wet nose touched the side of my head. Wide navy blue eyes stared at me. He let out a whining sound as he nudged me again and I sniffed. Cody then stuck his tongue out, sliding it against my cheek, replacing the salty tears with wolf saliva. I didn't even have the energy to think it was gross.

"I didn't mean it, I swear, Cody. "I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and he whimpered." I don't know what happened. "I whispered." I was just...angry. I didn't like how he talked about you, how he...downgraded you as though you were not even worth a dime when you're worth so much more, I just..." He inched closer to me, I grabbed onto his fur. "Exploded." He licked my hand soothingly, as though attempting to comfort me. His large head nuzzled my cheek and I smiled slightly.

"I didn't think that would happen. I'm sorry. "I sniffed, the wind picked up slightly and then Cody began to shift, it was fast and painless, he then sat naked in front of me.

"Ezra, nobody will hate you." I wrapped my arms around him and shook my head.

"It's you, I'm worried about. "I admitted knowing it was true, I could probably take them being angry at me, feeling I'm a threat, that I should be lockes up or something but I couldn't stand to have Cody hate me and feel just the same. I pulled him to me and he didn't object, he sat naked in my lap with his legs on either side of mine.

"I could never hate you, Ezra. It's against my DNA. "He smiled at me.

"But, I scared you, I saw the look on your face." He licked his lips and threaded his hands into my hair.

"I was, you should have seen it, though, your eyes..."He paused running his finger along the under skin of mh left eye. "They were so pale and so...gold ...it was scary but very..." He took a large amount of air into his lunges his eyes darkened. "Arousing." He whispered, his finger fell to my lip. "You didn't look long enough to see." He bit his lip.

"Cody..."I squeezed his bare hip bone.

"I want to kiss you. " He said shyly.

"But, I jus-"

"He'll be fine...besides, I think he learnt his lesson, everybody felt you did the right thing, you didn't kill him, thanks to me, and that's all that mattered. You were defending me, most wolves would have killed him actually. "He said to me. My brows furrowed in question, I needed to learn more about this wolf thing.