William~ Love Potions and Swords

As I lay in bed, listening to the pond below my window, I thought about the day. This magic place was actually pretty amazing. I even got public recognition! Now that is what I call a school. Even though most of the classes were really boring, some of the other students were pretty cool. I met a guy, James, who is also a warrior, and his friends, Terrance and Ethan, who can frost things and create sparks. I immediately fit in.

I also thought about Erica and Marie. We seemed to be in the same classes, for the most part. Erica was really intelligent, outsmarting even the teacher, and Marie was always eager to give the answers, which were usually correct. I thought of myself as smart, but those two would definitely come in handy wherever the prophecy took us. I gulped as I thought about leaving.

My mind wandered to the main reason I didn't want to go: Amber Winters. She was beautiful. The moment I saw her I grew lightheaded and smiled. I didn't really know her, but I knew her honey colored hair and blue eyes. We were in many classes together and I learned absolutely nothing the entire time. I watched her graceful moves as she sat with her two friends, a tall dark haired girl and a bleach blonde girl. They went everywhere together, sat together, ate together, did absolutely everything together.

I found out from Ethan that she was a froster like he was, so they shared that class. I'm pretty sure that he liked her dark haired friend, Blair, because he followed their group around a lot. Not that I minded. In fact, it was the best part of the day when we followed them around. Terrance grumbled about it, but I was almost certain he had something for the blonde one, Sophia.

I tried to get my mind off that. I lay in near silence, trying to sleep. All of the sudden, I heard soft footsteps outside of my door. I immediately stood and threw the door open, to see Erica standing in surprise, her eyes wide and her body frozen in place. I crossed my arms. "Well, well, well. What do we have here? Where are you going?" She quickly regained her composure and answered. "Why should I tell you?" I was taken aback. "Well, I could tell Marilyn..." I threatened slyly, nearly laughing to myself. She smirked. "What, that you woke me up? That I went to see what you were doing making so much noise in the middle of the night?"

"What?" I asked. "Who would she believe?" was her response. I understood now. Marilyn would believe her and think that I was lying. I slumped in defeat. "Fine, just take me with you." She saw that I was serious and gave in. "Alright, just be quiet and follow me." 

Her lean body quickly moved down the hall. I followed curiously. She went up the stairs and up to the roof, and I followed closely behind. As we reached the roof, a gentle breeze past by as Erica went to the railing. She stood, her hair being blown by the suddenly stronger wind, gazing at the vast landscape beyond us.

I joined her, looking at the breathtaking mountains and forest beyond the school. Stars twinkled above us. Erica remained still, seemingly deeply lost in thought. I wanted to ask her how she knew about this place, but I didn't want to disturb her. We stood in silence for awhile longer, before she finally spoke.

"So, how do you like it here?" I wondered how exactly to respond to that. "It.. It's amazing," was my rushed answer. She giggled quietly. "Yes, it is, isn't it? The landscape, the classes, the library..." she trailed off. "And the prophecy?" I was quiet for some time before answering her vague question. "It makes all of this sound difficult. I wish I could just stay here, without having any responsibilities to an entire world." She nodded slowly. "You can not run from responsibility. That prophecy is life or death of the world as we know it. We will be able to do it." Her wise words echoed around for a moment.

She was right. It didn't matter what I wanted to do, it mattered what I had to do. I had to fulfill my destiny. Erica looked up at me, watching the gears turn. A small smile took residence on her face before it faded as quickly as it came. "It will be difficult, though. The prophecy isn't exactly sunshine and rainbows. It is going to be incredibly dangerous." I agreed with a nod. It would be dangerous. If only I could just back out of it somehow. "But it will be worth it," she said before turning to return to her room.