CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

A New Beginning

Months had passed since I came home, and everything seemed to be perfect again. Robert and I were enjoying every minute we spent together, I had managed to be able to graduate with my friends, and Paige was back home with us all. I will never forget the moment Erin saw Paige standing beside me in her doorway.  Erin dropped to the floor crying with happiness and thanked God. When I think of it all it still makes me emotional. Life was better than it had ever been and I didn’t want it to change at all.

At that moment in time I was lying in Robert’s arms in the clearing in the woods where we had fist met looking up at the sun beginning to set through the braches.

“Now that we’re free, what do you want to do with your life?” Robert asked whilst playing with a strand of my hair. I held the locket he had brought me all those months ago and held it up to the brilliant light.

“I have no plans at all.” I smirked looking up at him through my eyelashes. Yet his eyes remained fixated on the curl he had twisted around his index finger.

“I do.” He grinned back.

“And what would your plans be?” I giggled rolling onto my side to look into his glorious eyes.

“Well, I wanted to ask if I could have your hand Carmen.” He asked explained nervously. Gently I placed my hand in his and looked back up to him questioningly. “Not like that.” He laughed.

“Like what then?” I asked completely lost.

“Marry me?”