Near: Name Of An Angel

[A/N: for this one shot and other one shots, your alias will be Optimal, aka O.
As you might have noticed in the first one shot for L, the initials in order for the characters can go in alphabetical order, so I decided to go with a word that starts with 'O'; so I looked through my dictionary until I found Optimal.
Keep this mind that for each one shot, Optimal's character -aka you- will change so it can fit for the one shot. No Optimal is the same.
Optimal is a synonym for these words: 'best' and 'ideal'.
By the way, for this once shot, I changed somethings so it would fit. Sorry if you don't like the changes.]

"I've called the three of you here because L has died." Roger said as Mello, Near and I stood in front of him.
Mello asks, "How did he die? Was it from Kira? Did he choose me or one of them?"
"He died before he picked. The three of you must team up together to success L."
"I'm fine with that,"  said Near as he restarted his puzzle after spilling all of it in the floor after nearly completing it.
I narrowed my eyes at Near, and at the same time, Mello and I said, "No, I'm not working with Near!"
Roger -knowing how close Mello and I are- looked at the both of us then says, "Why not Mello and Optimal talk things out now and see if you two can work together?"
I motion for Mello to come and talk to me in private. Strange thing is, Mello actually does want to talk about it. So we go to his bedroom and talk about the situation.

It's been seven years since the death of L. But today marks the one year anniversary since the death of Kira; it has also been one year since the death of my boyfriend along with our best friend.
Mail Jeevas, aka Matt, was my boyfriend. He was nineteen when he was shot down by a group of people. The incident was broadcasted on TV in Japan which was where we were at the time. Mello and I were able to watch...
When we stopped the van outside an abandoned church which was almost fully broken down, Mello had broken down due to the live broadcast of Matt being shot dead. I had already been crying as I saw the footage of Matt being forced to drive into a dead end which had been a trap that he had fallen into. From what that broadcast was showing, it was obvious that that large group of people had had weapons with them.
"Optimal, I'm sorry... I didn't mean for Matt or anyone to get killed... I'm sorry, please forgive me?" Mello said to me as he moved his hands up to his eyes to wipe the tears; hiding his face from mine.
"It's fine, Mello... he was forced to drive into a dead end. It's not your fault..." I said to Mello as I gave him a hug.
Mello hugged me back tightly while we cried, mourning over his friend and my lover.
At the time, my nose had smelled something -something in which Mello couldn't have smelled- caused me to get out of the van as soon as Mello and I had finished hugging.
It was also partially because of Matt that I got out alive. To be straightforward, it's because of what happened on Christmas Day a month earlier...
We... Because we were together as a couple for around six years... we decided to actually... start a family.
We planned it out.
Mello was actually part of the plan too... but not in anyway of the relationship; just the plans for before and after the child is born as to where I can continue being a mother and being a detective at the same time. That plan was for a way we both can beat Near sooner or later; whatever came first.
Because Matt and I had connection to Mello -Matt being Mello's friend, and Mello and I trying to beat Near as number one- we all worked together. So on January 26 of last year, we made up that plan as where Matt went alone and I went with Mello...
That plan went so horrible wrong... it failed so badly...
Anyways, my nose -because I was pregnant with Matt's child at the time- was very sensitive to smell, I was able to smell even the slightest scents there were nearby that day.
The scent of matches being lit came to me. I told Mello to come with me to check on Kiyomi Takada because it seemed like something was wrong.
But when I opened the door, I would say I found this abandoned van while going for a jog and I thought I'd check it out. Mello would stay hidden by the side. If Takada said or did anything suspicious or there would be any proof she was trying to escape, I would immediately pretend to see Mello, scream, and he would 'run' up to me, close the truck door and when he did, shoot a gunfire in the opposite direction of me and I'd play dead.
And that's exactly what happened.
Mello had aborted his original plan on taking Takada hostage when we started the scene; he was going to kill her if he had to.
When he opened the door of the van to check on Takada, everything just exploded.
Takada was able to set a fire up just a six seconds after our scene, causing the van to explode with great erosion. Even the old church had burst into flames.
I had been close enough for me to get a four and a half inch by eleven inch second-degree burn on my back and my lower neck. I was able to roll my back the ground to put the fire out.
After that, I tried to get Mello away from the van. He was still conscious when I found him a few metres in from of me, so I helped him up.
Mello was able to stand up and walk to eighteen metres. After that, he collapsed and couldn't walk anymore.
His body couldn't really move well; all he could do was lay there until someone arrived and helped. I tried telling him I would get us help, but he insisted I stayed there with him for his last few moments of life.
That second, I knew I'd be losing Mello too, so I did as he asked.
I held him in my arms as he lived his last few moments.
"Opt, I'm so sorry for today. It didn't go as we plan. I'm sorry you saw Matt die earlier and you're seeing me die now..." Mello said as he held me with all his strength, not holding back any tears.
I tried to speak, but all that came out was a whisper of, "No, Mello, it's not all your fault. It's from Kira and all the others against us. It's not your fault..."
Mello look at me right in the eyes and said, "Optimal, for the both of us... beat Near... And take care of you and Matt's... child... I know I promised Matt... if anything happened to him... to protect you and the baby... I'm sorry I can't keep... my promise to Matt... Please do as... Matt said; find someone... who makes you happy. Be strong... like the little... sister... I know..."
He died right there in my arms.
I remember holding and talking to his dead body as I cried, "I'll try, but I don't know if I can beat him at this point. I wish you and Matt could be here with me and the baby..."
I couldn't say anymore after that... Mello -my brother from another mother- was gone... Matt was gone... I had no one else...
Next thing I knew, a van stopped by us, and Near came out. He showed sympathy...