Mello: The Boy Next Door

You woke up in your bedroom from taking a nap when you heard a few heavy footsteps along with some chatting coming upstairs. You could recognize Roger's voice, but you couldn't tell who the other person's voice was.
A new guy?
The footsteps continue as you hear Roger giving the other guy directions of where his bedroom along with the male and female's bathrooms are.
Of course, your bedroom door had been closed for the past hour and a half, so Roger determined you were asleep or needing to be alone, so he let you be until you decided to go downstairs when you're ready.
Roger knew how much sleep you've been getting lately. So in case you were sleeping, he knew to introduce you to the new guy once you were out of your bedroom.

A week and a half has passed, and you've grown close to the new guy who happened to be staying in the bedroom beside yours. Your bedroom and his bedroom separated the boys' rooms from the girls' rooms.
It took about four days to start having conversations with him. At first, you were -like always- shy and unable to speak unless he started talking to you or just simple everyday small talk. But it has gotten to the point where you two are now friends.
"[Y/N], you wanna hang out?" Mello asked. "Sure," You answered as you stood up and walked with Mello to his bedroom.
He opened the door with his key and waited for you to walk in before closing the door.
As you walked in, you hear the door shut lightly. You turned around to see Mello grinning as he put his key back into his jean pocket.
"At first, I really thought you were creepy and weird when I first got here." Mello said as he sat down on his bed, taking a bite of his chocolate bar making a loud and crunchy noise.
Your face showed embarrassment while a sweat dropped in disappointment as you remembered how socially awkward you were at first along with those two times Mello had found you hiding in some small spaces around the orphanage. You tried to explain that you only hid there because you get more time alone in those small spots than you do in your own bedroom, but he took off before you were able to explain.
Mello smirked as he put his chocolate bar down on the nightstand and stood up; walking up to you. Your bodies were just two inches apart from touching while your faces were an even bigger distance due to the six-inch height difference between you two.
Mello -still smirking- pushed you back but held you in his arms against the wall, staring to see if he can get a reaction from you. But all you showed was shock.
"[Y/N], the way you looked at me a few days ago... I understand now. So why didn't you do it?"
"Do what?"
Mello sighed and just stared at you as he opened his mouth to say something. But no words were said.
Again, he tries. But again, he fails.
This time, he lets go of you and goes back to sitting down on his bed.
His hands hold his head up in frustration.
You walk up to him and gently grab his hand, causing him to look up at you.
At that moment, you finally knew what he meant. Just a few days ago, you looked at him the same way he's currently looking at you; the feeling of just wanting to kiss the lips of that one person...
He showed the same hungry temptation you felt just a few days ago when you two along with Matt -your second cousin- were out in the backyard just talking about yourselves.
Of course, you and Matt had known a little about Mello due to the everyday small talk. Before then, you knew two details about him because you wanted to know why he was here- but that was all you knew. And of course, you agreed to tell him of how you got put into Wammy's. So you three decided to change that and get to know each other on a personal level.
Your eyes widen in shock, but then returned to normal due to the happiness you felt as you understood he feels the same way you feel towards him; the mutual feeling of love.
You move his other hand away from his forehead and gently lay him down on his bed. After moving yourself a little higher to reach him, you two finally kiss.
Your left hand held his right cheek while your right hand held his left shoulder to keep you balanced on him. Mello wrapped his arms around your waist as you two continued.
As you stopped to catch air, you two stared at in each other's eyes to see each other's dilated pupils.
A knock comes at the door and it opens. You hear your cousin Matt say, "Hey Mel-"
He stopped at the sight and leans against the doorframe while cooing, "Awe, look how cute you two look. See [Y/N], I knew you could get a boyfriend or girlfriend, you just had to look!"
You blush while Mello asks, "Do you mind leaving us alone for fifteen minutes?"
"Sure," Matt continues before leaving, "But remember, hurt or break my cousin's heart, and I will have no choice but to hurt you; she's been through more enough pain already."
"I knew he had a soft side for you, but I didn't think he would do that much." Mello said as he heard the door close.
You lay your head down on Mello's chest and say, "Yeah, Matt's the closest family member I've got who knows me very well. He used to always tease me every once in a while, but after he found me crying in my bedroom one day, he started treating me better. He knew it wasn't all his doing, but I guess him seeing me like that just made him treat me better."
Mello's arms wrap around you and he kisses your forehead, "I'm glad he smartened up. And don't worry, no angel deserves to be treated that way; nor should they feel the the need to kill themselves. I know an angel when I see one, and I'm gonna protect you with all I've got. Just talk to me whenever you need to, and I'll be there."
You smile sadly yet filled with happiness at his words as you hold onto him tighter.