L: Late Night Talks

[A/N: For this chapter, I'll give you an older or younger sister or brother. You can choose if they're older or younger or your twin, along with the gender. As for the name, I'll give him/her a non-binary name. If I end up using your name, than I'm sorry, just choose a name you would like.
As for L's alias, I am going to use Ryan.
For your information: This chapter will be a little emotional at first. I just thought I'd let you know.
Hope you enjoy; and as always, requests are open to as many Death Note characters you want. You can request the same character as many times as you want if you want to see different situations.
I also don't mind writing one shots for people of the same gender, so don't be shy to ask or comment for a one shot for a character of your gender. ♡]
Dedicated to @TinyGatsby

"Hey, L, can I have a hug, please?" I asked as I broke the silence as we drank our tea. Everyone else was still asleep since it was 12:49 in the morning. L and I just happen to be the only night owls. I am, at least. L is just an insomniac.
We stand up and walk to each other.
L whispers as he hugged me, "What's wrong, [Y/N]?"
Weird, he usually never asks me what's wrong when I ask for a hug.
A sigh of anguish comes out, but the words are stuck. I know what to say, but the words are just stuck in my throat. Tears form as the words just stay there in the middle of my throat, causing my breathing to stop for a few seconds.
My eyes close, causing the tears to fall down my cheeks and stain onto L's shirt.
L's arms tighten around me, and I immediately start to hiccup from holding the words in and preventing myself from breathing.
I cry almost silently into L's arms as he held me, telling me that I can trust him and it'll be okay
"Do you want to talk about it in my bedroom?" L asked as his grip loosened so he can look at me.
I wipe away most of the tears with my sleeve. I try to speak, but all that can come out is a whisper, "Yeah, please."
L leads me to his bedroom with his hand in mine.
As we get there, L opens the door for me and closes it as both of us are inside.
"[Y/N], what's wrong? Did anybody hurt you?"
"I'm sorry L, I don't know how much more pain I can handle... I miss my parents and Jordan so much... I just want the pain to end... I should have died with them, but the killer just had to kill them while I was at school."
L hugged me once again, causing more tears to flow.
"[Y/N], please don't commit suicide; suicide is never the answer. If you die, Wammy's won't be the same. You're the only friend I have ever had... I care about you..." L slowly continued as he held me tighter, "I didn't want to tell you this, but I... I'm leaving tomorrow to [Your Hometown] to try and investigate because it seems the police aren't doing much of a good job and they most likely had given up a few years ago. I've thought about it over and over for the last month, and I'm going to try find Jordan."
I pull away and look at him in disbelief. "L, you don't need to go that far to cheer me up. It's been seven years since it's my parents were killed and Jordan went missing... it is impossible, and I don't want to have false hope. In the end, the results might just as well be the same; dead or still missing."
L sighs as he held my hand and brought me over to sit on his bed. L pulls out a small, white box his from nightstand which looked like it came from a gift shop. He opens it and I see two silver, heart-shaped necklaces; one with L engraved, and the other with my name engraved on it. They weren't lockets to hold pictures or anything in them, they were simply just heart-shaped necklaces.
L grabbed the one with his name on it, and undid the chain to put it on me. L tells me, "[Y/N], I bought these for us because I figured sooner or later, I will be starting my new life as a crime investigator. When I do start, I want both of us to know that we're still friends who care for each other.
"When I leave, I want you to wear this everyday and remind yourself that I still care about you, and I want you in my life. And when I do leave, I'll be wearing yours, and it'll be an everyday reminder that you are my friend."
The tears had stopped shortly after he told me why he bought them, and I hug him once again. He wraps his arms around me, and we stay in silence for the next minute.
"Thank you, L. I will wear it everyday. I don't know what to think about you trying to investigate Jordan's disappearance, but I'll try to stay positive."
"Please promise me you will think of me and this moment right now whenever you are feeling depressed or suicidal? Honestly, I really do want you to be okay, and I want you to be happy."
"I promise." I continue, "Thanks for being my friend. And honestly, it feels like you're the only real friend I have. Thanks for being here for me."
"It's no problem. I just want for us to be reminded that we're there for each other."
I smile as we end the hug.
I grab the necklace with my name on it, undo the chain, and lean up closer to put it onto him.
A nice silence comes by us as we sit. L wraps his arms around me and asks, "Are you going to be okay for tonight?"
I lay my head down against his chest and think. After a few seconds, I ask, "Since it's your last night here, can you sleep with me tonight?"
"Sure."
We leave his bedroom to go to mine which was three doors down the hallway. As we get in, L goes to sit on my bed. I turn away from him and undo my bra and take it off without taking off my shirt.
I go back to L, and we lay down in my bed with the blanket over us. L puts his arm under my head for me to use as a pillow. With my back against his chest, he wraps his other arm over my stomach. L kisses my cheek and says, "Goodnight, [Y/N]."
"Goodnight, L." I said. Knowing he's an insomniac, I drift off to sleep knowing L is here for me.