Chapter 6

From here onwards the story may be triggering to some.

Karlies pov

"Hey" I say sitting down next to her on the bed "what's got you down?" I ask as I sling my arm across her shoulder.

She shakes her head and wipes her eyes.

"You can tell me anything you know that right?" I ask to which she nods

"I just wanna go home" she cries into my chest

I pull her into my lap and cuddle her like a baby.

"Shh it's okay, it's okay to miss home I did too when I moved here" I soothed untangling knots in her hair As she cried into my shirt, I try and soothe her as her cries get louder.

"Ta-tay-l-lor" she cries for her older sister

"I'll go get her," I say calmly as  I move her off my lap

"No don't go" she says desperately clinging onto me still crying

"Okay I won't" I say picking her up as she clings onto my like a kola and buries her face in my neck, as I feel the small hot tear drops landing delicately on my neck.

"Tay" I call calmly turning round the corner of the kitchen to find her stirring a hot pot on the stove.

She turns round and when she sees the situation turns down the hob and walks over to me placing a light hand on Ada's back, at this she flinches and continues to cry.

"Shh it's just me c'mere" she whispers taking Ada off me and into her arms, once again Ada clings on to her and hides her face as I move to the stove and continue with what Taylor was cooking.

"Don't leave me don't leave me please don't go I'm sorry don't go please" Ada pleads breaking my heart at every word

"I'm not going anywhere I'm right here baby girl" I hear Taylor say as she walks out of the room.

Taylor's pov

I was worried about Ada she was breaking down and this was a bad one. "I've got you I've got you just breathe" I try to soothe as I sit with her on my lap in her room

"I-i ca-n-t" she sobs

"Lets go have a nice warm bath calm you down and then I'll lay with you" I suggest

She doesn't reply just keeps crying.

I lift her up in my arms and walk into the bath room starting the a warm hot bath, as I sit on the toilet with Ada on my lap.

I move her small frame off me so I can take off her top she stiffens at this "shh it's just me its okay" I say as I peel off her long sleeve sweatshirt. That's when I see them. Cuts buried deep into her skin. Some old some new and fresh all up her arms. How have I not noticed.

"Oh Ada baby" I say hugging her close to me

"I'm sorry" she sobs

"It's okay it's going to be okay, let's just get you bathed and will talk about this tomorrow" I say kissing her head.

She nods and cries as I undress her and set her in the bath, beginning to wash her, as she continues to cry

"Are you mad" she sniffles

"No sweetie not at all people deal with pain differently and it okay let's just get you cleaned and to bed and will talk tomorrow" I say rinsing her off and grabbing a towel from the rack behind me "okay you go dry off whilst I go change" I say as she's no longer crying. She nods and I leave the room and put on some cat themed pjs. I walk back into the bathroom to see Ada in her cupcake pjs ready for bed.

"Let's go to bed princess, I'll lay down with you" I say reaching for her hand which she gladly takes as we walk into her room and get cozy in her bed. With my arm draped around her and her head laying on my chest as it rises and falls as I breathe.

"Close your eyes baby girl it's okay" I say as I notice her eyes dropping closed she nods and drifts off to sleep. After a good solid 5 minutes I get up slowly not to wake her and head down stairs as I close her door lightly.

"Everything okay?" Karlie asks from the couch as she sees me walking down the stairs

I shake my head no as the tears begin to form

"Awh Tay come here" she coos tapping the spot next to her. I gladly do as I'm told and cuddle into her side.

She drapes her arm around me and runs it up and down my arm in a soothing manner

Karlies pov

As soon as Taylor came down stairs I knew she was upset and as soon as the tears spilled out of her gorgeous blue eyes I patted the seat next to me. As she came and cuddled into my side as I rubbed my hand up and down her arm. "You wanna tell me what's wrong" i mumbled into the top of her head as she sniffles and I feel her breath on my neck

"Can I just go to bed" she whispers still not moving her head away from my neck

"Sure I'll come with you" I say as I gently get up and extend my hand out for her to take, which she gladly accepts and we walk up stairs hand in hand. A slight blush crept along my cheeks as I had a slight crush on Taylor but I never told her as I didn't want to ruin our friendship but seeing her like this makes my heart ache. "Why don't you go to bed whilst I change I'll be right out babe" I say wiping a tear with my thumb and kissing her head, leaving my lips to linger for a moment.

Gosh my feelings where everywhere tonight. I quickly go into the bathroom and strip leaving myself in a t shirt that comes about mid thigh to sleep in. I came out of the bathroom to see Taylor snuggled into the comforter and hearing some sniffles coming from her. I slip into bed next to her and wrap my arms round her bring her back into my chest ( spooning ) at this she stiffens.

"Shh it's okay Tay" I soothe her rubbing my thumb up and down her stomach as I held her close to me. "Karlie" she whimpering as she begins to cry again.
"Mhmm" I say pressing light feathered kisses from her neck to her shoulder and back up again. She relaxes in my arms and turns around, my arms round her back now as she gives me a weak smile.
"What" I smile as I move one of my hands to wipe at her eyes then put it back on her waist. Using one of her hands she places it behind my neck and next thing I know her lips are on mine. It takes me a while but I kiss back placing my hand gently on her cheek.