Chapter 6

Hours pass and it is already night time. I get my pajamas on and sit down on my little couch to watch television. My boring old apartment and my boring old life go together. I go to a channel and slowly drift off to sleep. I usually can't fall asleep with the T.V on but today I was especially tired. I guess changing emotions take a lot of energy. I woke up from a light flashing in my face. I looked down to find my phone on top of me facing upwards. Someone had texted me. I quickly jump up dropping my phone on the ground. Having quick reflexes I grab onto my phone right as it hits the ground. I press on the button on the top right hand corner to reveal the name of who had texted me. So much mystery in one little text. It could be Austin begging for me back, or Matt telling me that he loved me and broke up with Nicole, or it could be someone just telling me tat they are there for me. I open my eyes to look at the text and it was just a text from Bailey. I smiled. It was a perfect time for her to text. I was depressed and that one little text from her just saying "Hi," showed me that she was right beside me. 

         I respond back to  her and our conversation was a normal conversation we have. She talks about her glamorous life and I pretend that I have a glamorous life as well. We talk about who we like and dislike and about who we love and hate. Love and hate are strong words so we only use them in some cases. For example, I hate this girl Jasmine who shoved food down my shirt on the last day of 8th grade, and I love Matt who's eyes told me that he was there for me all the time. Texting Bailey about him I bite my bottom lip. I barley knew him and that was okay because with every relationship there is a little mystery and that's what keeps relationships moving forward. If you know too much about the other person you loose interest. People think that if they know everything about the opposite person it keeps them closer but sometimes one little secret can drive a person crazy. Sometimes not knowing things is the best way to go.

         When texting Bailey somehow I managed to fall asleep. I sat up as if I only slept for a minute. I looked around to find myself in my bed. I was confused. How did I manage to move from the couch to the bed without knowing? I shrug that confusion off and look at my phone that was nicely set on my side table. Matt barged into my apartment. He looked older than last time I saw him. His hair that was swept to the side changed to being straight down. I looked at him in confusion. "You just woke up?" Matt asks me. Slowly my apartment changes from a crumby, old, small room in Florida to a beautiful, huge, new, two story house on the side of a California beach. My eyes widened. Had I entered a parallel universe? I look at Matt and he looks back at me waiting for my answer. I look up and down him. He was wearing a black tux and black tie with a white shirt. His shoes were carefully polished. "Yes I did. What day is it?" I ask. "It's tuesday. Are you okay Lily? You look a little pale." He tells me. "It's just that," I pause not knowing how to tell him that I jumped into a different universe or as it seems I may have. "It's just, nothing. Never mind." I finish. "If something is bothering you, you should tell me. I will make sure they never do it again!" "No no no, I just had a weird dream that is it." I say hoping he has no further questions. "Do you wish to talk about it?" He obviously asks another question. "No I am fine. I promise." I say with a look in my eye showing I mean it. "Okay well if you ever want to talk about it you can. I am going to go pick up Bradley from soccer practice." He says. "Who is Bradley?" I ask. He laughs as if he thought I was joking. He stops and looks at me now serious. "He is our son? Wow that must have been one messed up dream." "I was only joking. Of coarse I know who Bradley is. Obviously, I mean who forgets there child?" I say with a fake laugh. He looks at me weirdly as he walks out the door.  He finally is out of sight and I jump up to look for photos of Bradley. Running around the house admiring every little detail of it I find pictures of this little boy on the wall. He had big brown eyes like Matt, and blond hair. I didn't know who he could have gotten it from. Matt never had blond hair that I know of, and I never had blond hair. I flip the picture over to find that it said Bradley age 10 on the back. That was my son. He was adorable and I could pinch his cheeks off. I realized just then I had not once craved a cigaret since I woke up. Maybe it was a different universe. It was a better universe. My phone went off and I walked over to pick it up. I answered the call from a blocked number and they spoke quietly and had a deep voice. "You have seen what it is like to have a perfect life. Now you need to get here on your own. You must go back." They hung up before I could say something. I sat down on the couch to think this over. Who would have known that I didn't know what had happened in the last couple of years of my life? I look down at my phone and my texts start changing from Matt telling me that he loves me and that Bradley said he loved me too, to Bailey asking where I went and if I was asleep. Then I look up at my beautiful T.V and it turns from a 54 inch screen to a small crappy little 20 inch screen. Then my beautiful glass front door turns into a plain wall, and everything goes back to my crappy old apartment.