District 12 - male tribute - Luca

I pretty much dominated at the cornucopia earlier.

When everyone else rushed to the supplies I waited in the tall grass. After the bloodbath was over all but one of the tributes had left the starting area.

One tribute was still sitting on his pedestal, and I couldn't tell if he was dead of alive, but he didn't seem like he was moving anytime soon.

There were still ample supplies left for me to take. I take two backpacks and combined their contents into one backpack. I grab a spear, a set of throwing knives and a slingshot just incase.

There isn't any food left at the cornucopia so either the other tributes took it all, or they decided not to give us any this year, but I should be fine finding food elsewhere.

Instead of heading back into the grass I go into the forest. I'll be able to find food easier there.

I see no reason I should go very deep into the forest, that's where everyone else went. I'm probably safer here anyways and if I need to I can head back to the cornucopia for more supplies.

After I set up camp, I start getting hungry. The weapons I grabbed are better for hand-to-hand combat rather than long-range killing so hunting is out of the question. I guess I'll have to see what sorts of plants are around.

Luckily, when we were training I spent more time studying the types of plants might show up in the arena than doing physical training, which means I know what will and won't kill me.

The first plant I encounter is nightlock, a highly poisonous berry. No thank you.

There are some pretty flowers, but nothing that will keep me alive.

I walk some more and find some dandelions. You'd never think that they were, but they're completely edible. You can eat the roots, the leaves, and even the flower.

Ii pick one and start with the flower. Surprisingly, it doesn't taste that bad. I finish the leaves, stem and roots and grab a few more.

After eating half a dozen I go and save some for later.

As I'm walking back to camp, I start to have trouble breathing.

That's weird, I haven't even done anything to make myself tired. Maybe it'll go away.

Once I'm back, I eat a few more dandelions and tuck them away in the backpack.

Breathing is getting harder and my throat is starting to get itchy.

My throat is swelling up and I begin wheezing.

Am I really having an allergic reaction? Is this how I'm gonna go? I mean I didn't think I would win, but this is just about the wimpiest way to die.

I fall on the ground, apparently when you stop getting oxygen your blood stops pumping blood into your legs and they stop working.

Okay sponsors, this would be a great time to send a-

A parachute. I see it. It's falling down from the sky.

Thank god Haymitch got me some sponsors, I thought he'd be too drunk the whole time to help me and Luna out.

The parachute lands a few feet away from me. I try to stand up and get the canister of medicine, but my legs are too weak.

I try to reach for it, but my fingers merely graze the silver parachute.

I feel a little bad for the sponsors, they wasted their money on a dead guy.