District 5 - female tribute - Tara

"Porter!" I shout.

How could he have been that stupid? Of course there would be bees in there, they might even be mutts.

The bees all stung him at once, and I heard the cannon go off as soon as his body fell out of the tree.

Porter... He was my best friend, and now he's gone. I can't even go and say my goodbyes because of the bees.

The hovercraft appears overhead, waiting for me to get out of the way of his body.

I don't want to leave, but I don't want to see my best friend like this anymore.

I move out of the clearing and into the treeline. The claw swiftly scoops up Porters body like it was no big deal and raises him into the hovercraft.

The hovercraft begins to fly away, my best friend begins to fly away. I can't let him go.

I shoot one of my arrows into the sky. It misses the hovercraft by a long shot, but it makes me feel a bit better.

I walk away from the scene of the crime, I just want to put it out of my mind.

I start thinking about Porter, but quickly stop myself. I need to focus on more important things, like finding the arrow I shot. I don't want to waste an arrow on something dumb like that.

I start heading in the same direction I shot it, wondering where it went.

Then, it hits me.