Summer

The rest of the year went by. James was too preoccupied by studying for his OWL’s to worry Faith too much. Summer came far too quickly for her and Paulina, who dreaded going back to the muggle world. Faith sat snuggled up with James on the journey home, in a carriage with Rose, Albus,Ollie, Paulina and Lily.

“I hate Summer.” Paulina groaned

“Ditto.” Faith grumbled, reading James’ vintage copy of ‘Quidditch through the ages’

“Yeah, well this Summer could be different.” James grinned.

“What?” Faith closed the book and looked at him.

“Well this year is the Quidditch European cup Final…” Rose began

“And Dad bought us tickets…” Albus continued

“But he can’t count…” Lily giggled

“So we just happen to have two spare tickets!” James concluded.

“No way!” Faith exclaimed

“Seriously!” Paulina laughed, as Faith threw her arms dramatically round James neck, smacking Ollie in the process

“Me and my Dad are coming too!” Ollie exclaimed rubbing his forehead. Faith laughed and apoligiesed to Ollie. The rest of the journey home was taken up with excited chatter about their Quidditch holiday to Scandinavia and debate about whether the Nordic team or the Irish team would win. When the train stopped the group stumbled off the train still disagreeing as to who would win. Faith and James stood kissing for several minutes in the middle of the platform while their parents discussed arrangements for later that Summer.

The first few weeks was a mixture of reading Quidditch books, Going to Diagon Alley to buy a new Broomstick (The new Firebolt 5000) and writing letters to her friends. Faith’s owl, Merlin, was exhausted by the end of the first week! Faith found herself writing to Paulina more  often then she thought, so Merlin and Paulina’s owl, Socrates, soon became friends. It wasn’t long before Faith was being dropped off at the Potter residence, 12 Grimmauld place.

“James!” She squealed, throwing herself into his arms. She heard her parents chuckle behind her and strike up a conversation with Harry and Ginny Potter. “Hi Albus!” She greeted her friend, over James’ shoulder. “Where’s Rose?”

“They’re not here yet.” Lily answered coming up behind Faith

“Lily!” Faith exclaimed, turning to hug Lily just as the doorbell rang.

“Paulina!” Faith and Lily exclaimed in unison, as Paulina ran down the hall to hug them both.

“Hey Guys!” She laughed as they jumped round in a group hug.

The Weasleys arrived the next day, and James decided to take advantage of the house being invisible for team practice. Faith, Ollie and James spent hours playing against Harry, Ron and Ginny in the back garden.

“Nice goal Faith!” Harry exclaimed after the game, while Mrs Weasley handed round warm mugs of Butterbeer.

“Thanks.” Faith blushed. James kissed Faith and sat down next to her.

“She’s our star player!” James bragged to his father. Harry laughed and looked over at Ginny.

“Well your mother was my star player and look what happened there!” He teased, causing Faith to blush even more, James laughed and squeezed Faith’s hand.

“Nothing bad about that.” He whispered in her ear as he stood up and winked at her.

That night Faith recalled the short conversation to Lily, Paulina and Rose who all spent the rest of the night teasing her and singing ‘here comes the bride’! The next morning when James kissed Faith on the cheek at breakfast, the three other girls were still teasing her. Rose hummed the tune of ‘here comes the bride’ as she waltzed passed the couple, to get a slice of toast.

“What’s that about?” James asked, looking at Lily and Paulina who burst out giggling

“You don’t want to know!” Faith replied, rolling her eyes.

“So!” Harry banged his hands down on the table “Who knows what a Portkey is?”