Diagon Alley

Chapter 6-Diagon Alley.

“Right, come on kids.” Molly Weasley ushered all the Kids and Adults into a line. “Harry, you had better go first.” She told the Dark-haired man. Faith glimpsed his famous scar as he disappeared into the flames.  One by one, Mrs Weasley gave each person a small amount of floo powder, and they disappeared into the flames. “Okay Faith” She held out a small pot. Faith clutched the powder and disappeared into the flames.

Diagon alley was just how she remembered, jam packed with students buying for Hogwarts! Faith rushed across the street into flourish and botts, where the others were waiting.

“There you are dear.” Ginny Potter said, bringing her to the side out of all the chaos. After they’d bought their books they split into groups. James, Albus, Rose and Faith want with Harry and Ginny for new robes,  Hugo and Lily went with Ron to Weasleys wizard wheezes and Fred and Roxanne went for their wands.

Faith browsed the rail of dresses. Being a fourth year meant Yule ball! She was excited but didn’t know who she’d go with. Secretly she hoped James would ask her after what had happpend in his room! She eventually decided on a strapless lilac dress that came just above the knee, purely based on James’ reaction when she tried it on.

When they had all reconvened in Weasleys wizard wheezes, George allowed them to use his fireplace upstairs to get back to the burrow. As they went James pulled Faith to the  side.

“Happy Birthday.” He whispered passing her a small package, before jogging up the stairs. Faith ripped open the package. A small piece of parchment fell into her hand, along with a beautiful Amythest necklace. Unfolding the parchment Faith read the note scribbled inside.

‘Faith,

Thought it would match your dress. Happy Birthday!

James.

P.S. sorry It’s late!’

Faith folded the note and stuffed it in her pocket with the necklace.

“Faith!” Rose called “Hurry up!” Faith smiled to herself, and ran upstairs.