Portkey

The next morning Faith was awoken by Rose at 5am. The girls got dressed, grabbed a quick slice of toast each and grabbed their brooms.

“Okay guys I’m going to put a quick disillusionment charm on you all so the muggles don’t spot us.” Harry told them “It’ll only last an hour, so go as soon as I’ve done it.”

“I’ll go first so just follow me.” Ginny told them as Harry flicked his wand and she disappeared. One by one they all disappeared and set off for the Portkey. James went just before Faith, so Faith followed the slight glimmer of his Ireland t-shirt and Firebolt 4000. About an hour later James reappeared and dived down after Teddy, who’d appeared a moment before. Faith watched her fingers reappear on her broomstick and dived after the others. She landed on the top of a small hill outside of London where the others stood around an old bowler hat. Faith walked over to join James just as Victoire and Domenique landed together, followed shortly after by their brother Louis. They waited several minutes, while others arrived one-by-one, until Harry landed to bring up the rear.

“We’ve got 30 seconds.” Mr Weasley announced placing his hand on the bowler hat, the others all began to place their hands on top of his.

“Faith wait.” James said “Theres another one going in three minutes” He told her as half the family dissapered and Harry revealed a chipped mug from home and put it where the hat had been. Faith grabbed the handle while everyone else gathered round. “The disadvantages to having the worlds biggest family.” James mumbled in Faith’s ear. She giggled,

“What’s Christmas dinner like?” She asked

“Horrendous! I think I’ll stay at Hogwarts this year!” James replied as the Portkey took off.  Faith felt herself falling and tried to stand in midair. She slammed into the ground and fell forwards, next  to Rose and James.

“ow!” She groaned. Harry laughed from above and the kids looked up to see him walking down in midair, with Teddy, Bill, Fleur and Hermione.

“Why can I not do that!” Faith turned to see Ron sat sulking next to Rose and laughed. “Its not funny!” He snapped, making Faith laugh twice as hard.

It was a ten minute walk to the campsite, where Mr Weasley had booked four tents. Faith, Rose, Paulina, Lily, Domenique and Victoire were in one. James, Albus, Ollie, Teddy, Louis and Hugo in the next, and the adults in the other two. That night  Faith sat up with the other girls arguing over who the most fanciable Quidditch player was.

“I know he’s really old now, but in his day Viktor Krum was one hottie!” Victoire giggled

“My mum dated him when she was my age!” Rose exclaimed

“And your dating your cousin!” Paulina teased.

“No, you see I think hottest Quidditch player has got to be…”

“James Potter” Rose and Lily said in unison, interrupting Faith

“How did you guess?” Faith laughed.

The next morning Faith, Rose and Lily got up early to avoid queues for merchandise and ran to the stalls. Rose bought an Irish flag and some face paint for the girls, Faith bought a Leprechaun t-shirt, to match James’, and a irish hat and Lily bought some leprechaun fireworks and a crate of Irish flag butterbeer.

“For when they win!” Lily exclaimed

“you seem certain of the result.” Rose commented. Faith nodded in agreement.

“Well if they don’t win we’ll give Faith an Irish themed birthday party!” Lily shrugged.

“Thanks guys!” Faith laughed.

That night they climbed up through the stadium to the top balconey. Mr Weasley was busy fiddling with his new muggle camera, taking photo’s of the girls in their face paint, Faith and James in their matching t-shirts, The boys with their silly shamrock sunglasses and the adults drinking Firewhiskey round the table in one of the tents. Faith and James helped Rose hang the flag over the railing and waited for the teams to emerge.

“Welcome!” The loud voice of Ludo Bagman, famous Quidditch announcer, boomed. “To the 123rd European cup!” Faith cheered loudly with her friends, laughing at Lee and George trying to get Ludo’s attention. “Please welcome the Irish National Quidditch team!” Faith cheered again as the seven Irish players, clad in green, flew out doing elaborate loop-de-loop’s and sending orange, white and green smoke out of their broomsticks, to look like the Irish flag. “And the Nordic National Quidditch team!” Ludo announced, as the Nordic team flew out, clad in Orange.

“Booo!” Faith cried along with her friends.

“Let the game begin!”