4 years later

“Bye Mum! Bye Dad!” Faith waved as her parents drove away, down the drive of the Burrow. Faith turned and crashed through the door.

“Morning birthday girl.” A voice came from behind her. Faith jumped, turning to see George Weasley standing behind the door.

“Hi george.” She greeted her 2 best friends Uncle. He passed a sparkly bag across “oh thanks, you didn’t need to” Faith blushed at the gift

“It was nothing, really” He grinned. Faith opened the bag and pulled out a pink bottle.

“Weasley wizard wheezes, ultra strong love potion.” She read

“thought you could test it on James for me.” George laughed

“Hey!” Faith exclaimed

“George!” a womans voice scolded, entering the kitchen “You’re as bad as the kids sometimes” Molly Weasley threw a net at him. “go sort those pesky gnomes out” Faith laughed as George stomped off, sulking.

“Morning Mrs Weasley” Faith smiled

“happy birthday dear.” Mrs Weasley embraced Faith, “the others are upstairs.”

Faith ran up the first flight of stairs and went crashing into James on the first floor.

“woah, careful!” He exclaimed, as she banged her head hard on a wooden beam.

“I’m fine.” She snapped, he gave her a questioning look, but let go of her arm anyway. Felling dizzy she stumbled and fell, hitting her face on the banister. James caught her.

“Okay, your not fine.” He decided. “Come on.” James lead her into his room, and sat her on his bed. “how many fingers am I holding up?” he asked.

“Three, dammit I can see alright!” She hissed.

“Alright, alright!” he exclaimed poking his head out the door. “Yo Teddy!”

“What?” A man’s voice asked from behind the door.

“Come take a look at Faith for me, banged her head and the decided face-plant the banister!” James told him

“Hey, it was you who made me bang my head in the first place!” Faith protested as Teddy Lupin, a tall man with hair that seemed to change colour every time she saw him, walked in. Teddy, since leaving Hogwarts, had trained as a healer at st Mungos. He Knealt in front of her, going through routine checks. Faith groaned. Teddy drew his wand,

“Episkey!” He said, pointing it at her nose. Faith jumped as she felt her nose heal itself.  “Broken” he told her “That should fix it.”

“So I can go now?” Faith jumped up. Teddy laughed

“not quite yet, I’ll go fetch some medicine for the dizziness. Then you can go.” Faith slumped back down on the bed and stuck her bottem lip out.

“You look like a sulky toddler!” James laughed, coming to sit by her.  Faith just sulked even more. “Why do you hate me?” Suddenly James had stopped laughing, and looked deadly serious.” Faith twisted her body to face him.

“I don’t, you just-“ She paused, searching for the right word “you frustrate me.” James leaned back, brushing the hand through his hair, making him look even more handsome than usual. Faith sighed, just as the pain began to hit her. A tiny tear rolled down her cheek.

“Hey,” James brushed the tear away, and pushed the hair off her face “don’t cry.” He was so close that Faith could see each individual freckle on his face and that single strand of ginger hair that was usually hidden. His golden eyes seemed to be taking in her pale face, her warm blush and bright green eyes, her now crooked nose. James leaded closer. Faith closed her eyes waiting.

“Okay, got it.”Teddy annoncced, re-entering the room. Faith and James sprang apart. Faith obligingly took the foul tasting medicine, before standing up.

“Thanks Teddy.” She smiled at him, but when she looked at James he only turned away.