Chapter Six

I awoke to loud whispering again. Outside my door I heard people talking. I sat up and almost screamed but I caught myself. Cal was sleeping at the bottom of my bed. He was dressed in his newer clothes.

Awww he looked so cute when he is asleep but I really have to pee. I slowly eased out of the bed, as to not wake Cal. He stirred in his sleep. I slowly creeped to the door and opened it slowly. I made my way to the bathroom. I finished using it and got out. That's when I heard my parents talking again. They were in the room next to me and Cal. Ellie and Gabe were in the third room next to there's.

" This is crazy ! " My mother whispered loudly.

" I know but we need to get somewhere safe. I talked to Robert again tonight he was in such a bad state because Bella is going to die tonight. He is going to shoot her before she turn . It should only be a couple more hours, she only had a little scratch but it only takes a little cut to the skin. " My father answered back.

" Whatever this is I don't think their letting anybody out of here, that's why they closed the border and the bridge was in total chaos. This might as well be under quarantine " My mother retorted.

" I just want all of you to be safe no matter what, and now I have two new kids in my care. " Dad said with a hint of concern.

" Yes we do, I don't think Ellie's parents are alive if they went to the airport then they got caught in all of the evacuation traffic. " Mom said sadly. I heard someone cough loudly which made me jump, I turned around and it was Cal of corse.

" Why'd you scare me like that ? " I whispered yelled and smacked his arm lightly. He grabbed his arm and fake cried. What a drama boy.

" I didn't scare you I just coughed maybe if you weren't spying on your parents you wouldn't be scared. " He said back giving me a sleepy smile.

" Why are you up any way ? " I asked walking closer to him.

" Couldn't sleep, nightmares. " He said looking me in my eye. I knew what he was talking about. I awoke from a nightmare of the group running from the infected there were to many to count. We were running and I was in the lead. Then the group fell in a hole trap thing. Dad was holding on to the edge and everybody was holding on to him. I reached down to help them and try to pull them up. But just as my hand brushed his, the infected came up from the hole they were dangling from and grabbed them and dragged them down and I was left on the ground, but now the infected had caught up to me and I tried to move but my legs were paralyzed, and then they ate me, then I awoke.

" Wow " He said stunned.

" I just said that out loud didn't I ? " I said looking at him. He nodded and hugged me I returned it.

" Do you want to tell me about your dream ? " I said looking up at him.

" No, maybe later " He said turning away.

" Okay when ever your ready Cally " I said which got me a small smile. I leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. When I heard someone clearing their throat in front of us. We jumped apart. I turned around and there was my mom standing there by her and dads door.

" Hey mom " I said awkwardly.

" Can I talk to you in the room ? Please " She said pointing a finger at me and the room in which me and Calvin slept. I turned to Cal who gave me a sympathetic look, like he could save me anyway. I followed her into the room and shut the door. I turned to her and forced a smile.

" What do want to talk about ? " I said straightening the bed covers. It's not like I needed to. I just needed something to do to avoid her eye contact.