Chapter One

It all started out as a normal day ...

" Viv come on ! " My mom yelled from the stairs.

" Ok I'm coming !" I grabbed my book bag and stomped down the stairs.

" It took you that long to look like that ?" My mom said motioning to my jean shorts and T - shirt.

" Yes mom " I said not wanting to talk about it.

" Well come on Gabe has to be dropped off at the day care at eight today and I have to get some stuff done today. " She said grabbing Gabe's carseat and walking out the door Gabe shrieked when he heard his name. He is nine and a half months old and he looks exactly like my father. He has dark brown hair and big green eyes. While I have dark brown curly hair that never obeys a flat iron, and brown eyes like my mother. My hair is not long but not short either it's just Enough to put up in a pony tale which is how I always wear it with the exception of a party or formal dinner.

.......

" Bye mom , I am spending the night over Glenn's house tonight " I said giving Gabe a kiss on the cheek and hopping out the car and running towards my best freinds Alex and Glenn, not waiting for her answer.

" Hey guys so are we still going to the party ? " I asked as we started walking into the building.

" Yeah, I told my mom I was spending the night at Glenn's house " Alex replied all excited.

Glenn's parents were out of town she said they went to D.C for business or something they were going to take her but she said she had a big test which was kinda true because we are taking finals. So she told them she could just stay home since they will only be gone for two days. Jessica Vickson was throwing one of her annual end of the year parties and she finally invited us. Probably because Alex is the junior president and Glenn is the captain of the cheer squad.

" So when the party is over we will just go back to my place " Glenn said.

" Can't wait till tonight !!!" I yelled making everyone in the hallway look at us like we were crazy but I didn't care.

........

" Miss Carters please answer number three on the review packet " Ms. Harvey the American government teacher said.

I looked at Glenn who gave me the " I told you to stop day dreaming look " Alex wasn't in this class with us she had AP government instead.

" I think the answer is the fiscal policy " I said unsure.

" No, that is incorrect miss Carter's pay attention this time or you will get a detention ! "

" Now, Mr. Homles please give us the correct answer. " she turned to Calvin who just got transferred five months ago from north Carolina. Every girl here is literally drooling over him but he doesn't seem to care at all, we've talked a little but nothing major.

" What ! Huh oh um Russia ?" He said as he shot up from his "Nap".

" Wrong again, since it seems that the class can't focus triple homework!" She said.

Everyone groaned and looked at me and Cal scowling and cursing, I mean it's not my fault she picked on the two students that never pay attention.

" You are dismissed " She said returning to her desk as the bell rung.

" Mr. Holmes and Ms. Carter's please stay after " She called just as I was going to walk out the door. I could pretend I didn't hear her and go to lunch but I think that would just get me in more trouble.

" Yes Ms. Harvey " I said turning back in the room at the same time Calvin was walking to the door which made him bump into me and drop my books.

" I'm sorry " he said bending down at the same time as me which made us bump our heads together, which really hurt.