Chapter Four

I woke up to the sound of whispering. I opened my eyes and looked around to find mom and dad sitting on a couch talking. I looked at the other couches and Cal and Tommy were still asleep. I pulled off the towels I used as a blanket.

" Mom, Dad ? " I said getting up and stretching my limbs. I looked outside it looked like a normal day. Then I remembered why I'm here and how I got here and what would happen if we left.

" Yeah, honey " They said in unison.

" What are we going to do ? " I asked walking over to them. I saw Gabe sleeping on a bed of towels.

" We don't know, but we need to get out of here and try and find another way to cross that border and get out of this state. I don't know what this is but it's dangerous " Dad said seriously his voice was shaky if I wasn't mistaken I would say he sounded scared.

" But dad we can't leave ! Those things are outside we'll die !! " I said yelling I don't know why but I just feel that's it's safe and if we leave we will be chased and eaten and stuff. I may be paranoid but who wouldn't be with people running around like zombies out of a movie.

" Listen to me honey we won't let anything happen to you or Gabe. " Dad said pulling me into a hug. Gosh I feel like a little kid again afraid of the dark. But I know deep down that we will get though it just like he said.

" Can Cal come with us ? Please his parents are so cruel they left him here and went to the safety of their cabin in Paris " I said searching my dads eyes. It was really his decision, mom already wanted Cal to come.

" Of corse he can as long as he respects me and your mother he's more than welcome " He said smiling.

" Re - Really ? "I stumbled. I was shocked I was preparing an argument and everything. I mean yesterday he was all " team hate Cal " but now he is all happy go lucky ?.

" Yes, I've come to realize yesterday that its the right thing to do and I also know that you like him and he is a very good friend to you " He said I just stood there I mean he waits until a freaking epidemic to take over to allow me some boy friends.

" Ok, so when do we leave and how's Gabe ? " I asked looking at my baby brother hopefully this will all be over before he even begins to remember things.

" We can leave now go and wake Cal and Tommy up " he said lifting Gabe up who squirmed in his sleep. I wish I was him and could sleep though all if this, because right now I am dreading going out there and being chased again maybe the police and stuff have it under control all ready ?

" It's going to be alright dear " mom said as I walked away. How can she say that ? Those things were eating people that were still alive. They ate that little girl, she didn't do anything wrong she probably didn't deserve that no one did.

" Tommy wake up " I said he stirred in his sleep. " Tommy get up ! " I said and pulled the towels off him. That got his attention.

" I'm up I'm up !" He said sitting up, next is Cal.

" Cal get up !" I nudged him.

" What's going on ? " He said as he shot up from the couch.

" We have to leave now " I said seriously and he immediately got serious and in survive mode or whatever.

" Okay " He said shaking his head which resembled my curly mess and rubbing his eyes.

" Where are we going ? " He asked my parents.

" We are going to try and get across that border or find another way " Dad said carefully shifting Gabe so that his head rested on his shoulder.

" Okay, I just want to thank you guys for letting me come with you guys I know that your trying to protect your family and stuff and that you really didn't have to take me " he said looking at my dad I don't know what it was but something passed between them. It's like they had an understanding or something.