Chapter Eleven

Yasimine POV

" What was that ? " Jurdyn squeaked . We are down in the cellar of the School building . We have been hiding out here since the outbreak I don't know what's going on but people starting getting real sick in the dorms and I took Jurdyn and ran to the school building . We locked our selves in here . We watched people run around getting mauled by these things that were no longer human .

I've been looking after Jurdyn since I was twelve I think but I don't quiet remember . She's five and a half . And very smart for her age . It's not like the sisters don't look after her it's more like a big sister program here . Jurdyns so small she needs someone to look after her. I was left at this girls home fourteen years ago when I was three and a half . My mom lives in Toronto with her rich boyfriend . She never wanted children so when I was born she neglected me , she raised me until I was three and then she met her boyfriend and they decided to put me in a girls home . I haven't seen her since . And I know that Jurdyns parents are the same maybe that's why I protect her so much . I know how much it hurts to not have anyone there for you . Sure the nuns love us like we are their daughters but it's not the same as your real parents not when you've already met them . I have never met my father I don't even know his name or what he looks like .

I remember the day Jurdyn came her as a baby . I was a sneaky child then and I was listening in on their conversation in the head nuns office A.K.A sister Agnes . They were talking and they had a little carrier with them with a pink blanket over it . They said they didn't want any contact with the girl and that they already had enough on their hands with their son . They said she was a mistake that will never happen again . I watched Jurdyn since that day , sneaking into the nursery and playing with her telling her we could be sisters . When she was old enough I told her her parents were still alive when they brought her here . I just thought she should know so she won't go along thinking their dead or something . That's what the nuns teach the younger ones who came here when they were babies . I love her like my sister and would do anything for her . And with the events lately I've been testing that theory .

" Yasi ! " Jurdyn yelled , I quickly snapped out of my thoughts . And looked at the curly head girl , her dark green eyes filled with worry .

" I heard noises , I'm scared . " She said moving closer to me on the make shift bed of blankets .

" I know I want you stay here while I go see what's going on " I tell her . Grabbing the bat beside the bed .

" No , no you can't , let me come too ple- " She started but I cut her off .

" No , you stay here that's final I'll be back I promise . " I tell her pushing her back down on the bed . She nodded and hugged her legs to her chest and I began walking up the small narrow steps . I unlocked the door and opened it quietly , just a peek . I heard voices and opened it widely . Was it help ? I hope so because if not that means those things have learned to talk . Great .

I walked out the door and the bright sunlight from the windows hit my face . I walked into the foyer holding my bat up and right . Then I saw five people standing their staring at me . NO one moved . They looked a little beat up and ragged . I hope they aren't rapist or serial killers or something .

" W-who are you ?" A tall guy with the same color hair and eyes as Jurdyn stuttered he was holding a gun .

" I'm Yasimine , who are you ? "

" I'm Calvin and this is my crew we are looking for someone maybe you could help us . We won't hurt you so you can put the bat down . " He said scratching his brown curls . He was hot . I was still a little hesitant as I put it down .

" Who are you looking for ? Everyone else is gone or dead . " I replied .

" We are looking for someone named Jurdyn ? Wait um I have a picture ." He said digging in his pockets . The rest of the guys just watched . There are three Jurdyns in this school and I only know one is alive and here .