Fallen Star ~Fourteen~

*Kelso’s POV*

Over. That’s what summer was, my relationship with Jamie was, the happiest period of my life was. When I’d wanted summer to just be done with each moment had dragged by, the clock ticking twice as slow. When I wanted three weeks to last a life time, they were gone in the blink of an eye.

I sat down in the evening to the last dinner at this shitty prison camp, with the people I’d made friendships with. Tally and Ink were bickering big time-almost full out fighting. They were going to miss each other. Sal and Mac were sombre, and I don’t know how Jamie was feeling.

“Ink, you insensitive asshole, stop reminding the gays that summer is almost over” Tally hisses.

“You just reminded them” he points out. She smacks him.

“That’s you fault, bastard” she shoots back.

“I’m still not gay…” I hum. Everyone ignores me.

“How is it my fault you have the brain capacity of a grape?” he snarls.

“Oh please” she waves her hands dismissively “You can’t even spell capacity”

Ink bristles, about to snap something else, but Mac interupts “It’s weird how fast summer ended”

“Really weird” I agree, not wanting Ink to have a window for starting up again.

“I still remember getting off the bus the first day” Jamie says happily, his hand grabbing mine under the table. I flush a light pink, but keep my face the same.

“Me to. I also remember yelling at Sal on the bus, because she wouldn’t shut up.” I snicker.

Sal sticks out her tongue “I remember Kelso neglecting his sexuality for most of the summer”

I glower “You aren’t going to believe me if I argue, so I’m not going to bother”

“What’s the deal though? Are you and Jamie staying together?” Mac asks. He was lucky-him and Sal only lived one town away from each other. The only person I lived relatively close to was Ink, and he only lived in northern Ontario which was still pretty far.

“He lives in B.C and I’ve seen what long distance relationships are like…”

Jamie gives my hand a small squeze before letting go. I feel my heart skip a beat in my chest, missing the warmth of our palms pressed together. I scold myself then-tomorrow will be the last time I touch his hand, I can’t go on missing him my entire life.

“That’s sad” Sal frets, her lips pressing into a line and hidding her crooked teeth.

“I think they realize that” Tally rolls her eyes “Anyways, I think the only thing I miss is the food… I wonder if they’ll give me a third helping because it’s the last night..” Tally rambles on. Glad for something to focus on, I simply sit there and listen.

***************

That night, when me and Jamie both crawled into his to-small bed it felt way to large. We pressed right against each other, no words passed for hours though we both knew the other was awake, just feeling our chests rise and fall against each other, exhausted from having sex.

His hand was in my hair, which he claimed was soft and nice smelling despite crappy camp shampoo, and both of mine were digging into his back, my arms wrapped around his chest. My nose was gently against his neck and his chin presed faintly into the top of my head.

“When I wake up…. It’s Paulo’s crappy speech, then goodbye” I finally whisper.

I feel Jamie’s breath tickle through my hair as he sighs sadly “It was worth it. Being in love with you..”