Fallen Star ~Nine~

*Kelso’s POV*

Jamie was more creative then I’d have guessed. Since I’d said maybe to his request, he’d thought up at least a dozen valid excuses to steal kisses. It drove me mad, but at least he had enough sense not to pull anything in front of other people. I’d kill him. In fact-I wanted to kill him regardless sometimes.

“So, you know that thing we’re trying?” he asks, on our walk to the tree trekking station. I’m not at all excited, but it has to be better the second time around. Right…? Anyways, why am I thinking about that! I should be yelling at Jamie-there are people around!

“Shut up!” I hiss, looking around nervously. Why was I doing this again..?

It sounded bad when I though: I let Jamie, a guy, kiss me to prove I’m not gay. But if I continoue to give him no reaction when he pushes himself on me, it’ll be over in a few days and we can finally be friends. Normal friends. And the rest of the summer won’t be either mentally scarring or lonely.

“No one’s listening. Besides they wouldn’t know what I was talking about” he grumbles.

“Hey, don’t get pissy with me” I growl “You should be grovelling at my feet right about now.”

“Why?” he smirks “Would it turn you on to see me at that level?”

I kick his shin, as hard as I can. I’m satisfied to see him hop a few steps in pain. “You moron.” I spit “People could certaintly figure out what you’re talking about when you say idiotic things like that!” even as I shout it, Tally walks up behind us cautiously.

“You guys seem to be having an argument. I thought I’d watch” she admits.

“An argument?” Jamie finally places his foot on the ground “Us?” he asks innocently.

“Yes you” Tally’s eyes jump suspiciously between us “What were you fighting about?”

My throat tightens “Nothing..” I growl “We weren’t fighting…”

“Right” Tally agrees in sarcastic disbelieve. We stay silent, acting like she really was agreeing with us. She stares at us like we’re idiots for a moment then loudly grumbles “I’m not serious you know. Are you going to tell me what you’re argueing about? I’ll assume the worst if you don’t…”

“We weren’t arguing!” I shout. Why did everyone have to be so damn frustrating?!

*********************

Tree trekking was not much better the second time around. At least this time I didn’t barge forward like an idiot-I let Jamie go ahead of me and hoped he’d wait at the top. He had, and once again I navigated the course using his footing. It was a slightly more challenging trekk this time-the obsitcals became harder and scarier the futher we went, and it had ended at the same zip line.

At the bottom, before anyone took notice of us, he leaned down and his voice brushed my ear well he whispered “You okay?” I felt my knee’s buckle a little. I should get mad at him for treating me like a weakling, but it feels nice knowing that he cared. Maybe to nice…

A glower settles on my face “Idiot” I snort, and brush past him.

**********************

“Enjoy the mid-summer celebration!” Paulo proclaimed, stepping off the bench he’d made his little speech off of. From the chatter all around me, he did this every year. Same speech, same bench. I guess it was cause to celebrate-I was already halfway done my summer sentence.