Fallen Star ~Two~

*Kelso’s POV*

I scanned the dinning hall as I entered, not holding the door for James or even waiting up. I was still flustered from before, and instead of dealing with my humiliation, I chose to avoid it. How could he think I was gay. No offense to gay people or anything, but… it just wasn’t in my programming.

The other ‘campers’ if they could be called that, sat in various places. Some were on the outskirts, sitting by themselves and waiting impatiently for lunch to be served, well others clustered together in the center, talking and fighting and making big hand gestures. They seemed almost happy to be here.

I chose an in between. As James entered the door behind me, I started walking to one of the half empty tables were a handful of kids talked quietly amoung themselves. I didn’t ask permission, just took a seat at the end of the bench, tuning my ears to their conversation.

“I heard she came here almost every year since she turned thirteen and got into high school” a girl with crooked teeth whispered, looking around nervously as if someone would jump on her and rip out her throat for speaking.

“I wouldn’t doubt it” a boy with deep sunk eye’s and a large forehead replied “I came here last year to and she was here. A rumour went around that she even got with with Paulo” was this an annual thing for these kids? Did they come to this place every summer for their bad behaviour?

James came and took his seat across from me. I reached out and grabbed one of the appetizer bread rolls so I don’t have to look at him. Also-I’m still hungry and there is no food yet. I rip the bun open and stuff some bread into my mouth. “Hungry?” James asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Yep” I agree, the word muffled by bread.

“Who are you two?” crooked teeth asks, finally taking notice of us.

Large forehead whispes to her “That’s the gay couple”

James looks away, hidding a smile, well I get to my feet “Want to say that to my face?!” I spit.

“Hey man! I wasn’t hating!” the guys replies defensively “That’s what I was told is all”

“Who told you that exactly?!” I ask, pissed. This just got worse and worse.

“John” he replies, nodding to insect eye’s who sit’s a few tables away.

“Relax” James says, smiling at me calmly “He didn’t know…”

I take my seat, still furious. I didn’t want to get in trouble with the dinning hall workers, but I did want to kill ‘John’. I’ll just bid my time, lying in wait for my revenge. While I’m fuming, the camp consuolers open the buffet and call the first table up. I watch enviously as they pile food on their plates.

“Sorry dude” big forehead mumbles in my direction “I’m Mac and this is Sal”

I preferred crooked teeth and big forehead name wise. But whatever.

“Yeah whatever. Whose that?” I motion to the tall lanky guy who’s staring rabidly at the buffet.

“That’s Kurt” Sal says with a smile “He’s not the brightet crayon in the crayola package”

Kurt doesn’t even look to Sal at her offensive words, just stares hungrily.

“So, Mackenzie-” James starts, but gets stopped.

“Just Mac please” he interrupts politely.

“Sure, Mac” James smile and I wonder why these people are so friendly “May I ask why you’re here?”