Chapter 2 - Tattooed girl & Powerful boy

Next chapter's here! ^^ Yay.
Have fun! ^^

PS: Sorry for possible grammatical mistakes!

I slowly open my eyes, blinking few times. I'm laying in bed. Wrapped in soft covers. Blue covers. And next to me, beside my bed is sitting dark silhouette. A woman.

I turn my head to her, looking into her eyes. They're big and bright. Brightly red. She smiles at me. Warmly. And then speaks. "Welcome back Perseus."

I frown in confusion. How does she know my name? And who is she? She can't be much older than me. I voice my second thought out loud. She smiles again. "My name is Maia. I've been taking care of you since you were brought here. You were badly wounded and ill. Barely alive. It took me few weeks to seal you together. And you're gonna need a few more weeks of rest. At least another two, cause your injuries aren't completely healed."

I slightly uncover my blankets to take a look. Big part of my body is still wrapped in bandages. Whole chest. Left leg and right shoulder. I'm also almost naked. Only in my tight slips. I feel my face heat up in embarrassment as I realize who most likely undressed me. I was always shy about being naked in front of someone. I didn't have a problem with the upper part. But only few people, who I could count on my fingers, ever saw me without pants.

"You think you can get up?" She asks me, not mentioning about my embarrassment for which I am really grateful. I nod to her and she smiles again.

"Great. Then try to stand up. But slowly." She warns me strictly as I move to the edge of bed. She stands up and offers her arm to me. At the same time a light from lamp near us enlightens her figure and I stop my movements, staring at her with wide eyes full of surprise and slightly shocked. Her skin is light almost white. Black hair are falling down on her shoulders in curls. Only few tight black pieces of clothes are covering her body. But that wasn't what caught my eyes.

Her light skin is whole covered in red tattoos leaving only few places clear. Her arms, legs, nape - all of it is in embrace of those symbols. Even on her forehead and cheekbones I can see some. It's beautiful. Almost like a lace with absolutely stunning details embroidered to her skin.

"Done staring?" She chuckles quietly and I finally snap out of my wonderment. Nervously I slide a hand through my hair. "Uh - sorry."

She smiles again and takes my hand. "Don't worry. I'm used to staring at them." She pulls my hand and I slowly rise. I can feel some pain when my muscles move, but nothing unbearable. My body is stiff and movements slow, still half asleep. I yawn. Slowly and mighty like a lion. Then I look up at her. I can see now that she's really tall. Taller than Zeus or my father - no, not my father, but Poseidon. It's a little uncomfortable. But her kind face let me relax.

"Here, eat it."

I take piece of ambrosia from her and put it in my mouth. The taste of homemade cookies is absolute heaven. On the other part - it reminds me of my mom. It hurts, but I don't want to forget. If there's something I would like to remember from my past it's her. She would never betrayed me. Never. No matter what would I do. She loved me. Truly.

"Perseus?"

I blink few times before realising those tears. I dry them in hurry. "Sorry."

"You don't need to apologize." She smiles warmly, but I can still see her confused expression and worry. I guess I owe her an explanation. At least something in return, because she took care for me the whole time I was out. Sigh escapes through my lips.

"It's nothing, really. Just - the taste of ambrosia reminded me of someone from my past. Someone really important to me I knew." I explain shrugging.