Chapter 9

I worked hard on this...so I hope you enjoy it!!

-Eric-

I laid in the bed and was deep in my thoughts.

“Baby, thank you so much for coming for my birthday. You really surprised me. I didn’t think you would come until tomorrow like you said” Shawna said while kissing the back of my neck. I turned over and kissed her back. “Anything for you babe….”

I turned back over and tried to not let my feelings show. Honestly I was a little upset that I had to leave Sherice….I felt guilty for leaving her. When I started dating her it was just a game. I was in it for the money. I’ve scammed a lot of women in my life but for the first time in my life I felt bad for hurting Sherice. She’s a good woman and doesn’t deserve what I’ve done to her….

“Baby what are you busy thinking about” asked Shawna while rubbing my arm.

“Nothing babe, just a little tired…I think I need a drink of water.” I sat up and put my house shoes on then stood up and walked downstairs into the kitchen. Instead of getting water I sighed and sat down at the dining room table. I don’t know where these feelings are coming from but they’re making me go crazy and it hasn’t even been 24 hours since I’ve been home. I don’t know what it is but there was something about Sherice’s tears that made me realize…-

“Sweetie, why are you sitting down? I thought you were thirsty.”

I looked up startled to see Shawna standing in the doorway of the living room.

“Oh I wasn’t feeling well, so I sat down. I think I have a headache…”

“Aww my baby not feeling well. Well lets go back to the room. Let mama take care of you.”

She walked over towards me and rubbed my face. I pulled away and stood up. “No that’s okay. I think I just need to go to sleep. I need to rest.”

I stood up and walked back upstairs not really sure about what just happened.

-Kevin-

I got out the shower and threw on a beater and boxers. Dante had me thinking hard about Nika. Do I really love her? Or am I just missing her company so I’m confusing myself to think that it’s love. Shoot I don’t know, but I’m about to call her and let her know what’s up.

I picked up my phone and ignored the missed calls I had. I took a deep breath and dialed Nika’s number. It doesn’t even feel like I just called her this afternoon. As the phone rang I rehearsed in my head what I was going to say to her. I-

“Hello, Kevin?

My heart started beating quickly. I didn’t know she was going to answer so quickly. “Hey Nika, what’s up?”

She sighed and said “Nothing really just sitting here thinking.”

“Oh what a coincidence, I am too. I was-“

She cut me off and said “Kevin if you’re not calling me to talk about what I said in the note then-“

I cut her off quickly and said the first thing that came to mind. I didn’t want her to hang up on me. “No wait Nika…I did read the letter and I’m not mad.” I frowned as the words flowed from my mouth. I don’t know what the hell I was saying but hopefully it worked. I just want to talk to her. Lying to her probably isn’t the best way to start things off but it’s all I got right now.