Chapter 4

-Dante-

My hands slid up her backside to land on her waist as she had fallen into my arms. I smiled slowly and said “Watch yourself now.” I let her go but regretted it. Little did she know the last thing I wanted to do was let her go. I wanted to pick her up and hold her against the wall and—

“Thanks…for everything,” she said with a faint smile and turned around and walked into her room.  I grunted and let out a frustrated sigh. Damnit! Why do I want to follow her?

I sighed as I heard the door shut. I seriously need another good lay and quick.

I walked back downstairs and plopped on the couch. The movie was ending. I decided to find something else on Netflix to watch. After searching for 10 minutes I decided on The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez. I dozed off not too long after it started.

I was awaken by the smell of strawberry cupcakes. I knew that smell anywhere. It’s one of my favorites. I looked at my phone and saw I had a missed call from Amelia. I erased it and looked at the time. I had only been asleep for 40 minutes? It felt like it had been at least three hours.

I stretched and my eyes widened when I hit someone. I looked down at the end of the couch and saw Sherice sitting there rubbing her side. I sat up quickly surprised to see her on the couch. When did she get here? “Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were there.”

She chuckled and said “No you’re fine. I’m sorry I shouldn’t have been sitting here while you were sleeping. It’s just that I saw you were watching the Wedding Planner and it’s one of my favorite movies. I couldn’t resist watching it.”

I chuckled and sat up fully so Sherice had room to actually sit on the couch. “You’ve been watching me sleep huh,” I said playfully.

She blushed and quickly looked at the floor. “No I was actually making strawberry cupcakes...You wish I was watching you.” She stood up and walked into the kitchen. I couldn’t help but stare at the way her hips switched as she walked.

I stood up and followed her into the kitchen. She was icing the cupcakes. I smiled and watched her. She looked up at me and frowned “Um if you plan on eating them, you better get to frosting.” I chuckled and grabbed a butter knife out the drawer. I reached to grab a muffin at the same time she did and our hands rubbed against each other slowly. My manhood jumped. Sherice quickly looked back at the cupcake she was frosting. She was holding the cake in her injured hand. I grinned and shook my head. “So you can bake, but can you cook?” I asked her while icing the cupcake. She looked at me and rolled her eyes “Yes I can cook, what about you?”

I nodded and said “I can make a mean ribeye steak. I gets down in the kitchen.” She laughed and it made me smile. Her laughter was angelic and I enjoyed it surprisingly. I know one thing, her laugh makes up for her smart ass mouth. But in a way her smart comments turn me on. I don’t think she’s really as tough as she acts though. I think there’s more on the inside of her then she lets on to be.

It was silent for a while. I noticed there was a ring on her wedding finger. I raised an eyebrow. Oh she’s engaged huh? “So you’re engaged?” I asked while grabbing another cupcake out the bowl. She glanced at her ring and then back at me and nodded slowly. “Yeah I’m happily engaged to my fiancé Eric.”

I nodded and said “So he’s a good guy I presume.”

“Yes, he’s a great man.”

I nodded and frowned. “But yet you’re living in another state with a man you don’t even know, while your fiancé is back at home 3 hours away. Your fiancé couldn’t provide you with a place to live? Some man he is.” I snorted and shook my head.

She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips in anger. “I see you don’t have a ring at all. Must be too much of an asshole to find a woman desperate enough to settle for you.”

I felt myself get a little angry at her comment. Settle for me? Is she joking?

“I just don’t understand how you women settle for these low life men. Men that can’t even provide for you, but the dick is good. So therefore he’s a good man? Well I hate to tell you but you’re going to be in for a rude awakening when you realize the man you thought you knew turns out to be a complete stranger. I hate to say this but if you think that’s love then you’re just as dumb as you look.” I said frustrated and angry. I didn’t mean to say what I said as harshly as I did but talking about this brought up old emotions that are still there. It reminded me of Amelia and her cheating on me with that bum ass nigga.

“Dumb?”

I looked at Sherice and had almost forgotten I was even talking to her.

“Are you kidding me? You don’t know a damn thing about me and Eric. How dare you have the audacity to say something like that? You are so full of shit it’s ridiculous.” She said loudly and dropped the cupcake, “Finish these your damn self.” She snatched her phone off the counter stomped out the room and up the stairs.

Forget her. She’s just like a black woman. Getting all in her emotions.

Now I KNOW this is short, but I am having writers block and am stuck :( So please forgive me. I will make sure the next Chapter is looonger. If you haven't fanned me please do so because I post messages and ask things about both my stories on here and I need feedback on those things at times. But for now, vote and comment and let me know what you think besides it being as short as it is. THanks!