House of Lust

Prologue

-Sherice-

“Kevin,” I whined, “are you kidding me? I refuse to do that”.

“Well then you don’t need somewhere to stay. That’s all I have right now sis, I’m sorry”. I sighed and punched the pillow on my couch. I could cry right now. I refuse to live with a stranger.

“Kevviiiin….”

“Sherice, I’m sorry there’s nothing else I can do. There is an extra room in that house. You can stay with him if you want to. He’s a harmless guy, I promise you. He’s one of my good friends. He’ll stay out of your way. I need an answer by tomorrow afternoon. He’s going on a business trip tomorrow and I want to give him a heads up that you’re coming”.

I covered the phone up and screamed. Why me? My life sucks. “Okay Kev…..I’ll do it.” As soon as the words left my mouth I felt sick.

“Alright Reese, I’ll let him know. I have to go now. Love you. Bye.”

He hung up before I could respond back to him. What has my life come to? I’ve lost my job and am having problems with Eric. He’s been acting weird these last few weeks. I’m moving out of my house because I couldn’t pay on it. Eric would have given me the money but this house is too expensive and I planned on moving out in a few months anyways….just not this soon…and definitely not to Indiana. I would move in with Eric but he's old fashioned and doesn't want to live together until we're married, which I don't mind because I like having my space. But everything is just happening so fast.

My phone vibrated and I saw that I had a call. I smiled and answered it. “Hey baby.”

“Hey Sherice, what are you doing?”

I frowned and looked at my phone. Did he just call me by my name? “Umm…well…nothing right now. But I wanted to talk to you about my living arrangements.”

“Oh really? What did you decide? Are you staying here?”

I sighed. I really didn’t want to talk about this over the phone. “No, I think I’m going to stay with my brother. I’m leaving next week”.

“That’s unfortunate to hear Sherice. So what am I supposed to do. You’re leaving me. What is to become of us?”

I frowned again. What is he talking about? “Baby what do you mean? Just because I’m moving doesn’t mean anything will happen to us. Most of the business you do is in Indiana anyways. I mean you coming to visit me there is no different than you staying here. We’d actually see each other more.”

I heard him grunt and then I heard shuffling in the background. “Well alright then babe. I’ll stop by to see you later tonight. I have some business to handle. Bye.”

“Alright, bye babe. I---“ he cut me off and hung up. What is going on with him? He’s acting strange. Maybe he’s just having a hard day.  

I shook my head and stood up and stretched. I then walked over to the boxes scattered across the living room and started to pack.

What do you think? Should I continue it? Comment and let me know your thoughts.