[20] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 20:

“Shit!” – I heard Aragorn yell. At least we were being a positive influence on their world, and bringing them new words. Snort.

I backed away from the troll, “I told you they had a troll!” – I yelled over the noise.

“I thought that you were just lying!” – Aragorn yelled back.

“I wasn’t!” – I hollered back, in a sing song voice.

Sam dodged the Trolls foot, and rolled underneath it, leaving the Troll bewildered.

Gimli threw his ax, and it stuck into the Troll, but it didn’t even flinch.

“The mouth!” – I yelled over the din. “Shoot up into it’s brain!”

Did anyone listen to me? No.

Legolas jumped onto it’s back, and put three arrows into his bow. Then he fired them at point blank range into the Trolls head. Well it would have been into the Trolls head, if the Trolls head hadn’t been covered in a plate like amour. Ooops. (Please note the sarcasm).

The Orcs were still swarming in, so I had to make a choice. Orc’s or Troll?

I jumped up and down, whistling. The Troll turned around.

“Enemies of Sauron!” – I screamed, pointing at the advancing Orcs. The Orcs stopped and looked at me.

“Stomp them!”

The Troll groaned, and proceeded to try and flatten all the Orcs.

The Orcs were rather dumb though, so they didn’t realize what was happening until it was to late! Most of them had been turned into Orccakes before the others even realized that the Troll was attacking them. Then the remaining Orcs started to attack the Troll, proving my point that they were ‘enemies of Sauron!’

While the Troll was busy with the Orcs the rest of us regrouped. I really didn’t think that my mind games were going to work a second time on the troll, but it wouldn’t hurt to try!

After the Troll had finished smashing the Orc’s, it stomped towards us.

“We are friends of Sauron!” – I told it. “No need to harm us.”

It nodded slowly, and turned away, lumbering towards the door.

I took and deep breath, which turned to a gasp, when Aragorn charged the Troll, and tried to stab it.

The Troll spun around, not even scratched, and punched Aragorn across the room.

He smashed into a pillar, and fell to the ground, not even moving.

‘See what I mean?’ – the voice told me, sounding exasperated. ‘The oaf screwed everything up! You would be a much better leader!’

I rolled my eyes, and ignored the voice, before backing away from the Troll.

Frodo leaped in front of Aragorn, trying to block the Trolls path.

‘What are you doing you stupid Hobbit?” – I screamed, as the Troll picked up a huge fork like weapon. 

“Get out of the way!” – I screamed, as the Troll weighed the weapon in it’s hand.

Frodo stood his ground though, in front of the motionless Aragorn.

Well, I have to admit it. That Hobbit has guts, but…..he is going to be gut-less if he doesn’t get out of the way of that spear/fork thing!

I raced across the room, leaping over dead Orc’s and Dwarves, to try and get to Frodo on time.

The Troll pulled back it’s arm, and stabbed Frodo right in the gut with the spear.