[12] Waking Up In Another World - A LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 12:

By the time I got to Boromir I was already pretty tired, and I didn’t want any shit from him. If he gave me any I really wouldn’t hesitate to put that disinfectant somewhere very uncomfortable.

“Injuries?” – I questioned him.

“No.” – he replied.

I pointed at his forehead that was dripping blood from a graze arrow.

“It’s nothing.” – he said defending himself.

“Shut up and don’t move” – I told him. It worked! He didn’t move as I tended his head. I felt him flinch though when I moved the ripped skin a bit. He is a big boy though, he could handle it.

“Anything else?” – I asked after I was satisfied with his head.

“No. And even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you!” – he told me crankily.

“Grow up!” – I snapped as I looked him over.

I didn’t see anything for a few seconds, but my eyes stopped at his chest. The chain mail and leather had been torn away, and I could see a deep gouge in his chest.

I reached to pull the material farther apart to take a better look at the gouge, but he smacked my hands away.

“Leave it! I’m fine.” – he growled, trying to back away.

I grabbed him by the front of the tunic and pulled him right back in front of me, so that we were nose to nose.

 The trek had made me surprisingly strong, not that I wasn’t before – I was just more so now.

“Look. I will say this clearly. I am tired. And I am not in the mood to take your shit. I have my own injuries to tend to, you self centered worm. Because if you get an infection from that cut, I am not going to carry you.”

Boromir seemed to get the point, and stood still while I cleaned the gouge.

When the blood was all cleared away, I looked up (not really, but you know what I mean) and asked, “Where does it hurt most?”

Boromir took one of my hands (much to my surprise) and touched it against the end part of the gouge.

“There.” – he said looking at me. He didn’t drop my hand though, and for some godforsaken (sorry!) reason I didn’t pull it away. I just let him keep it in his hand – not moving until Aragorn broke the moment by coughing slightly. I jerked my hand away from Boromir – and looked at his wound. I finally figured out why that end of the wound hurt more. A small chunk of arrow – or ax? Was stuck in the wound.

“Don’t move!” – I told him, as I grabbed onto the chunk with my fingers. I knew it was risky, but what was I supposed to do? I didn’t even have a pair of tweezers for crying out loud!

I pulled hard, and Boromir groaned in pain as I pulled the thing from his chest. Well I thought I did. At the last second it got hooked, and I landed up slipping, and banging into Boromir, knocking him onto the ground – with me on his chest.

Oops! Talk about an awkward moment.

I held the chunk that had been lodged in his chest up.

“It’s out….” – I told him guiltily.

Just then Zena decided to walk over to where I had been treating ‘patients’.

“Oops!’ – she said. “Close your eyes Legolas! I don’t want you to damage your sight!”