Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I went to my house like Takumi told me to. I waited there for about half an hour, scared of what would happen to Takumi if he got caught. Just then a figure came into the door.

“Why didn’t you turn on the lights Aki?” A voice came. It was deeper than Takumi’s and yet familiar.

“Takumi? Is that you?” I asked.

“Yes, why do you not recognize my voice?” He asked with concern.

“I do, I do. It’s just…your voice seems lower than it usually is, so I got confused and…” I started.

Takumi ran over to me and gave me a bug hug. His grip was tight and firm.

“I was scared that I would lose you…” Takumi whispered in my ear. “I don’t ever want to feel that again. So please let’s just go somewhere where we won’t be bothered by anybody and no one will get hurt.”

I hugged Takumi back and started to sob. “I’m sorry Takumi, I will never get into any more trouble…I will go with you. We can go anywhere as long as I am with you Takumi…”

He patted my head and held it in his hands. “I just hope you can stay with me forever…”

We stayed like that for a while:  I don’t know how long we were like that. When I just started to doze off Takumi picked me up (like a princess) I woke up suddenly to be aware of what he was doing. I tensed up, but he walked up the stairs in my house.

“Takumi, what are you doing?” I asked drowsily.

“Putting you to bed.” Takumi answered sternly.

“Why?” I yawned.

“You’re almost asleep Aki, you have to go to bed sometime today.” He laughed.

“But why? You aren’t sleeping, so I will stay awake too...”

“You definitely are not sober-like when you are tired. But you have to go to sleep. I will too as soon as you go to sleep.” Takumi answered sweetly.

“O-k, hew abot we sleep on th beeed…” I stammered.

“You can sleep in your bed silly, I can have the couch. Plus I have to get some things out of my bag. So you have to go to sleep.” Takumi repeated with the same soft but sweet tone.

I fell asleep in his arms. Now I know that we will be able to stay together forever.

Once Takumi put me in bed he went downstairs to the living room where his bag was. He opened the bag, it had:  a laptop, his medicine, food, some spare clothes (for him of course), some hair dye (he had to dye his hair back to the original brownish color he had, the dye was sort of coming out. It needs to be redone so the natural hair color didn’t show), and a hidden book. He pulled out the book and the laptop. Once he was on the laptop he did a search of isolated places.

“Guess we have to move out of state.” Takumi sighed. “Guess it’s better than nothin.”

The cat jumped up next to Takumi on the couch. He turned on the TV and watched the news to see what tomorrows’ weather would be like. If it was nice he could start moving in the morning. While searching he dozed off…

The next day…

I went downstairs to see what we had to eat. I was starved. Not eating for a long time then falling asleep doesn’t sit well with my body. So going downstairs is a hassle when my stomach hurts from lack of food. At least I made it to the kitchen, I got the nearest snack food and started munching on that while I found some real breakfast material. I got some eggs and toast, somewhat a decent breakfast for one person, but what will Takumi eat?