Chapter 1

Chapter 1

We both left the house and went down the road.  Takumi said nothing and was walking along side me all the way down the road to the store. He seemed really nervous, for some reason when you go to a public school you seem to be really jumpy.

“Takumi,” I asked. “Is everything alright? You look really nervous.”

“I’m fine,” He sighed. “I just am jumpy when I walk down this road. For some odd reason I really don’t feel secure, here. The road has had many crashes, leaving people dead. And some get dangerous injuries that will leave them traumatized or worse…”

“You listen to rumors too much.” I said with a positive attitude.

“What makes you say that?” He asked with wonder.

“Well first of all, I have lived here for 15 years and I have never seen or heard of anybody dying on the road.” I said with confidence.

“You are too overconfident. I was just joking anyways. So what happened to the rest of your family Aki?” Takumi answered.

“The rest of my family? Well I really don’t consider them my family I really don’t know how to have special feelings for a person. I don’t know how to like anybody; I don’t have any friends and my family just make brief phone calls. They really don’t talk to me much. I just feel really alone in the big house where my parents would fight all of the time…” I sad sadly.

“Well I could be your friend if you want me to be. So you don’t have to feel so alone anymore, we sort of have the same family life. I have this one Aunt that likes to make surprise visits, she always makes them when my father is there and makes dinner for us. She likes to clean the house and treat me like I’m her little man. She likes to visit family since my uncle is away on trips most of the time… Sorry I’m supposed to be cheering you up but I guess I’m just putting me up instead.” He said.

“It’s ok, if you were my friend it would not be so lonely and you could probably come over more often.” I said with a deep breath.

He smiled a happy smile. Nothing fake, like people do in grocery stores or when they meet a stranger. This smile was real, pure, refreshing. I smiled back a big happy smile. I don’t know when I was last this happy…

“I would like to hear more about this Aunt of yours. She seems like a nice lady, I would like to meet her someday. So she treats you like her ‘little man’” I giggled.

“It’s not funny. She embarrasses me in front of my dad, and she says that it’s just because she misses me so much. But she can always meet grandma or…well it is nice to see her once in a while.” He blushed.

“Aw. Why so red Takumi? Is it because I’m picking on you? Or is it something else?” I said with a funny tone.

“Maybe, or it is because I know you from somewhere. Your shyness, your happiness, when you are sad I just want to make you happy. I just know you from somewhere; I really don’t know where I just know you are from somewhere… It makes me confused, my head spins, and I don’t know what to do.” He admitted.

“When we get to my house, I can show you something that might help you maybe not but I remember when my mother was still here…there was a boy with snow white hair and pale blue eyes. I will never forget him, but he never told me his name and was very inviting. He made me feel better when I was sad or when I felt alone or scared. He made me feel better…” I said with happiness.

Takumi was looking at me with the same pale blue eyes, but his hair color was different. He felt like the boy I met so many years ago, but I really don’t know if it is him. If it is…well I would be really glad and I wouldn’t feel so alone. I would feel at home, with somebody I knew. Takumi, you resemble somebody very special to me, I just hope that you could be him and not anybody different. If you are that’s ok, I will still like you as a very good friend.

“Hey were going to be going into the town Aki. First can we stop at the grocery store?” Takumi asked with a sort of sternness.

“Yea, you can make any stops you need to just tell me if you feel sick or anything.” I answered.

He shook his head and took my hand, “Whatever I say don’t let go of my hand, ok?”

I shook my hand and we started into the town.