Chapter 12

I heard a knock on the window and looked. It was Aki. I unlocked the door and she opened it. I buried my face in my hanIds still crying.

"Takumi?" she questioned.

"Hmm?" I answered shakily.

She didn't answer and I heard her run away. I closed the door, and sat there listening to the city noise. I closed my eyes, "Mom...I love you forever and always."

I heard the other door to the car open again and I looked over to see Aki, again. "I thought you ran away?"

"Why would I do that? I just got you some food and a blanket." She smiled handing me my food.

"Thanks, but I'm not really hungry right now." I mumbled. Aki went out and put the food on the porch and sat back down.

She covered me with the blanket and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back at her. Just her being next to me helps me a lot. I grabbed her hand and held it for comfort. After awhile I felt her start to shiver. I let go and started the car giving her the blanket.

"Wanna go for a ride?" I asked.

"Sure that would be nice." she said and covered up with the blanket.

I drove out of he drive way and started towards the square. Everything was bright and well lit. I tried to take my kind off of matters and try to make this birthday/Christmas a good one. But I don't think that'll turn out too well.

"Hey Takumi, I wanted this to be a good birthday. But I guess it wasn't good at all..."

"No, it was nice. Don't fret about it, I-well...I just have bad memories on my birthday."

"When we get back can we finish our little party? Or would I be overdoing things? Wait maybe I can-no that's ridiculous." Sh mumbled to herself.

I chuckled a little and held her hand as I parked along the road back to the house. I reclined my chair and sighed.

I guess I could stand the little party that she and her family threw together at the last minute. It would be the polite thing to do. I just hope no one took it offensively.

"Alright! Takumi lets go back now." Aki ordered.

"'Kay." I said fixing my seat and driving the rest of the way back. Aki made some texts in our five minute ride and then she dragged me into the front door.

"You have to replace the bad memories with good ones right?" Aki asked pinning me to the door.

"I guess." I answered. "What are you planning?"

She smiled and tugged on my arm to go further into the house. I followed and she was leading me to the dining hall. She sat me down and told me to wait. She ran off to the kitchen.

Where is everybody? It's odd for a family not being in their own house. I wonder...

"Ta-ku-mi," Aki sang. "I have a surprise for you."

"Oh yea?" I asked.

"Yep! Now close you eyes." She ordered.

I obeyed and I could hear the clanging of plates. Aki was humming to herself as she got the things she needed.

"Ok! I'm done you can open your eyes." She said softly.

I opened then and was surprised on what I saw. Aki had a small birthday cake with couple candles, she got us plates and cups. There was a little basket with some random items in it and there was a small bag on the table. Aki was also holding a basketball. It was small but it was enough for me.