13:: Someone New

I walked through the halls of the school trying to forget yesterday. When I passed by Kyle I hide my face and hurried past so I wouldn't have to talk to him. He was surrounded by girls anyway so it was easy for him not to see me. When I finally made it to my locker Reina was waiting happily. There was a smile on her face up until she saw me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I replied, pushing everything away. I didn't want to talk about it and I didn't want to cry today. Too many times had I cried.

"Oh, ok." Reina looked down at her feet, not knowing what to say. I felt bad for stepping on her bright mood. She was happy when I came over.

"So you want to hang out with Lindsay and I after school?" Reina's eyes lit up when the words left my mouth and she looked too excited to say anything. "We're coming back to my house and probably watch a few movies and stuff since it's Friday. Nothing big."

"You mean it's a Friday night and you two aren't going to a big party?" My eyebrows furrowed as I closed my locker.

"What do you mean?"

"Mostly all the pretty girls go to parties and stuff on the weekends in high school." I couldn't help, but smile at her.

"Reina, we're not like those cliché movies and plus, who'd rather go to a party than have a movie and popcorn night." Reina smiled back and I felt my mood lighten a bit.

__________________________________________________

"Ok class, please take notes on pages 330 to 345." The whole class groaned as Mr. Wes gave us our homework assignment. "Maybe that's too light. Okay make it 330 to 365." The whole class groaned again, but this time it was softer so he wouldn't change the homework again.

Just then the bell rang and everyone got up from their seats. I grabbed my history book and my folders and walked out of the classroom along with everyone else.

"Hayden!" I looked around to see who was calling my name and when I saw Lindsay I stopped and waited for her to catch up.

"What's up?" I asked her once she got to me.

"So what movie are we watching tonight?" She asked me. Every second Friday in the month Lindsay andI would have a movie night. We'd rent scary, romantic, funny, etc movies. Whatever had just came out of the theater and onto DVDs. It was a tradition and we only missed it once or twice when one of us had something that we totally couldn't get out of.

"Actually I was just gunna ask you something." Lindsay raised an eyebrow.

"You're not canceling, are you?" I shook my head. "Good because I need a night away from my parents." I laughed at her remark, but continued on with my question.

"Do you mind if Reina joins us tonight?" For a second Lindsay's nose scrunched and her lip pulled upward in disgust. "What?" I asked.

"It's our movie night; you can't just add someone to it." My lips curved downward and I stuck out my bottom lip. "The puppy face isn't going to work on me, Hayden." I tried a bit harder and Lindsay closed her eyes so she didn't have to look at me.

"Please Linds! I already invited her and she really doesn't have many friends to hang out with." Lindsay opened an eye and looked at me. "She's really nice. Please just give her a chance!" I pleaded. She sighed and stopped by her locker so she could open it.

"Fine, but I get to pick out the movie." I smiled wide and stuck out my hand.

"Deal." I told her just as her hand took mine so we could shake on it.

"Deal."

"Thanks and if you get the movie get some popcorn too!" Before she could object I hurried off to my next period, but a little too fast. I smacked into the back of someone and fell to the floor.

"Ouch." I mumbled, picking my things back up.

"Sorry, I was in a hurry." A beautiful British accent rang through my ears and I looked at who was on the floor across from me. A blonde guy with bright blue eyes looked back at me. He was fit, but not too the point where it was too much. He was wearing a light blue T-shirt with a pair of jeans and he looked amazing.

"Oh, um, I was in a hurry too. Don't worry." I pushed myself off the ground and brushed the dust and things from the floor off of me.

"Well, I'm still sorry that I sent a girl of this much beauty onto the floor." A smile crossed his lips that made me want to melt.

"It's ok. I'm Hayden by the way." I told him, looking around to see girls staring for a few seconds or until my eyes met theirs.

"I'm Alec. Nice to meet you Hayden." The way my name was said sounded amazing.

"Well, Alec. I must be getting to my next class, but nice meeting you." Alec nodded.

"Same to you Hayden." I didn't want to walk away from him, but I did for I didn't want to be late, but when I looked back I caught Alec staring at me and my face heated up.

That's something that didn't happen often to me and for a few minutes I forgot about my troubles.

________________________________________________________________________________

It didn't click until I had written a few chapters more that I have a new character named Alec and then another named Alex. -_- I'm an idiot. I hate stories with two characters with names that are alike. Well, it's too late now. I  have 5 more chapters already written and with Alec mentioned in them. I'm an idiot. Oh well though.

Vote? Comment? PM? Like? Fan?

^^ All are accepted! Don't be shy! :D