08:: A Friendship, Long Lasting

::Recap::

“So he raped you?” Reina asked, shocked.

“No. I wanted it. I was drunk and my thoughts weren’t taken all the way in. My mind wanted it and didn’t object.” A tear slid down my cheek.

“No, Hayden don’t cry. It’s not your fault. You were drunk.”

“I let it happen to me. I let him do it to me. I did it to myself.”

That's how I felt. I couldn't handle myself for what I had done...

What I had become.

::Story::

"I swear I didn't say anything..." Lindsay said as she walked towards me.

My limp figure sat against the hall's wall. My eyes were swollen and red from letting out my tears. After Reina left to go back to class I lost it again and couldn't help, but let the tears flow.

"I know." I whispered back. Her back pressed against the wall as she slid down and was seated next to me.

"Then who?" Lindsay asked after a few silent seconds.

"Do I have to say his name?" I mumbled. Lindsay shook her head as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I rested my head against hers. Thisexact thing felt so similar for reasons the same.

::Flashback::

"Hello?" A voice came as the door was opened. I turned to look at the intruder. My heart seemed to skip a beat as the figure walked through the door and into the room. My breath stopped when I noticed a girl blink a few times to see if I was actually in there.

"Yeah, yeah I'm leaving." I said aloud, grabbing my bag and books. I pushed myself up and off of the ground and started to walk out when her hand grabbed my wrist.

"Hayden right?" I sighed and turned to face her.

"Yeah, Take a picture and post it around the school with 'whore' and 'slut' written all over it. I don't care." I muttered looking at her through half-closed eyes. Her eyes actually looked a little hurt.

"Do I look like that much of a bitch to you?" She asked. I couldn't help, but laugh.

"No I was just-"

"I know." She cut me off. "I totally look like that. I was actually stopping to tell you, you don't have to leave. I was just grabbing my books that I left in here." A smile formed on her lips. I bit my lip, but cursed myself for doing so as my teeth dug into my bruised and cut open lip.

"It's alright... I should be leaving anyways. I've got to face my problems sooner or later." I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry for what they did."

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Gina, Cameron, Jenna and all of them. They're just bitches." I felt my lips tug back into a smile for the first time in a few months.

"Thanks, but I deserved it."

"No." She stopped me again. "You didn't and those bitches should understand that."

::Present::

I didn't think of it then, but Lindsay had helped me out a lot in the long run.

"Now, I have to ask you a very important question."

I looked up at Lindsay as I replied, "What?".

"Are you going to let Kyle run you out of this place like Cameron did to you?"

"No."

Are you going to just sit here and let this happen?" Ifrowned, but spoke.

"No."

"Are you going to let Kyle win this?"

"No." I said once again.

"That's what I thought." Lindsay said as a smirk crossed her lips. "Plus, I'm not going to let you."