Chapter 7

I woke up in my bed, and realized that today was Sam's funeral. I got up and walked over to my wall of pictures.

"God Sam, I miss you!" I cried, as the tears started to flow. I took a few staggered breaths, and laughed.

"How, am I going to deliver your eulogy, when I cry at the oldest pictures?" I wiped a tear away.

I grabbed the notebook, that held Sam's eulogy and I walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Mom was sitting at the table, sipping coffee, I joined her.

"Good morning Meghan, you're up early." she commented, I closed my eyes, and whispered, 

"Please tell me that it's after seven o'clock in the morning!"

"Nope, sorry princess. It's 06:45, nice to see you up bright and early for a change." I groaned, and collapsed in a chair. I laid my head down, and almost fell back asleep, but someone else walked in.

"Good morning Skylare, how did you sleep?"

"Alright, I tossed and turned--- I think I'm going to be sick! Excuse me!" I raised my head, and caught Skie running out of the kitchen to the nearest bathroom. Mom and I both exchanged worried looks, and then ran after Skie. I found her in the downstairs bathroom, and knocked on the door.

"Skie, are you alright?" I called, and listened with my ear pressed up against the door.

"Ugh, Megh, just go away, I'm fine--" she was cut off by... Well I'm pretty sure you can figure that out.

"MOM, SKIE IS SICK!" I screamed running to find my mother. Mom came running,

"Skylare, are you alright?" mom called through the door, at first there was no answer,

"Yes, mother, I'm fine." She moaned, and the door clicked, and Skie walked out with a disgusted look on her face.

"You don't look so hot, are you feeling OK... or is it the flu again?" mom asked feeling Skie's forehead. Skie shook her head,

"It isn't the flu, mother. It's something else..." mom didn't say anything, Skie looked pretty scared,

"Well... this has been fun, but I'm going to go and get ready. Sam's funeral is at 09:00 sharp. Ta-ta." I waved and ran up the stairs and into my room. I sighed, and locked the door. I slid down the back of the door, and buried my face in my hands. I started to shake, and cry, and I couldn't get up. I just stayed on the floor, sobbing into my hands.

I eventually got up, and found the black dress that I had found in my closet. It was silky, and slid right over my body. I felt the silver, satin ribbons attached to the dress, fall to the ground. I picked them up, and then walked to one of the mirrors in my closet, and began to tie up the ribbons. Soon I continued onto my hair. I brushed it out, and then grabbed a curling iron, and curled soft curls into my golden hair. I slipped on a pair of black ballet flats and walked out of my room. But not before I glanced at the clock, 08:00, there was an hour left before the funeral started, but we had to be there at 08:30, to prepare for the funeral. I walked down the stairs, and found Skie was sitting on the steps and crying, mom was screaming at her. I silently, ran back up to the second floor and listened through the rails; but i was thankfully out of site. I listened; there was a lot of screaming. But I couldn't make out any words.

"What are you doing Meghan?" someone asked from behind me. My heart skipped a beat, as I turned around slowly and came face to face with... Connor! 

"God, Connor, you scared me! I told you not to sneak up on me." 

"You never answered my question," he laughed, "what are you doing?"

"I was listening to mom and Skie's argument, but I can't hear anything anymore." I admitted shamefully. He grinned,