Chapter 5

I wanted to take this chance to dedicate this story to one of my FAVORITE wattpad authors, rowann. She is an amazing writer who knows just how to capture the readers attention. Rowann, you dedicated part of your story to me, so now I'm going to return the favor, so here it is, Chapter five of One More Happy Ending. Please read Comment and Vote. but mainly enjoy :)

~Bree

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped out of the tree and ran back towards the house. I flung open the sliding glass door and ran through mom’s house. I reached the porch and I saw the blood. Skie was kneeling over Connor, who had been shot in the shoulder; mom was on the steps aiding Hawkins who had been shot in the shoulder also. My father was standing a few feet back, holding the smoking revolver.

“WHY DID YOU SHOOT THEM?” I screamed at him, he looked up and became furious.

“I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU!” he shouted in reply.

“SO YOU SHOOT YOUR ONLY SON AND OUR GARDNER WHO IS ALSO A CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND?!” I screamed again. He didn’t say anything as he got in his car, mom got up and stopped him.  

“Your lawyer will be contacted about this one Daniel. How could you be such a jacka*s, oh yeah I forgot, it’s you we’re talking about!”

“I did what I had to be done.”  He replied driving off. I ran inside and called 911.

“911, please state your emergency.” The dispatcher’s voice rang out.

“My name is Meghan Richmond, and my brother and a family friend were just shot outside of our house.”

“Miss. Richmond, there is an ambulance on its way to your location. Did you get a good look at the shooter?” she asked,

“Yes. The shooter was my father.” I said clearly choking back the tears.

“Alright, is he still there?”

“No, he drove off; please make sure that he can’t come back. He is trying to get me to come back to his house with him. I… I’m supposed to be there now. I snuck out last night, and he is very, very angry with me.”

“Not to worry, Miss. Richmond, he will not be able to get close to you, and have your mother file for assault.” She replied,

“Thank-you very much, I can hear the ambulance.”

“You’re welcome Miss. Richmond.” then the line went dead. I ran outside, and saw that my mom was talking to the EMT, and Skie was sitting on the back of the truck, she looked a little shaken up. There was an officer walking directly towards me.

“Miss. Richmond, do you mind if I ask you a couple questions?” he asked, I shook my head,

“I don’t mind, I just want my dad arrested. He needs to be in jail.” I whispered looking up at him. I shaded my eyes from the sun, and I led him inside to the living room. I lounged in one of the arm chairs; he sat across from me on one of the couches, and pulled out a notepad.

“What would you like to know?” I asked looking at my nails.

“Where were you when your brother and the grounds keeper were shot?”

“I was sitting in a tree behind our house.”

“Did you see them get shot?”

“No, I just heard the screaming and the shots. I ran through the house and onto the porch ad I saw that they had been shot, and I ran back inside and called 911.” I replied still looking at my nails, I began to chew on one of them; it was a bad habit that I picked up when I was six. I haven’t been able to stop biting my nails, but now I only bite them when I’m nervous, like now.