FIVE: What We're Used To

2015

For this book's 100 votes.
I can't find the picture for this, but I'm pretty sure most Jadine fans would know what picture I'm talking bout :)

∆ FIVE: What We're Used To ∆

"And the newly weds have arrived!" a voice yelled out when James and Nadine reached the topmost steps of the bus. Nadine laughed it off and walked to her window seat, 4 rows from the front of the bus. James gave his friend a playful glare as he too walked to his assigned seat, all the way at the back, in front of Andre.

He asked his road manager why he was so far from Nadine.

"Aren't Nadine and I going to the same place?" His manager shrugged and said;

"Oo," he (i dont know if James' manager is female or male) noticed James' confusion and fought a smile. His alaga got used to sitting beside Nadine wherever they go.

"I don't know why you're so far from Nadz, hindi ako gumawa ng seating arrangements" and went inside the bus.

He watched as Nadine brought out her phone and earphones and proceeded to the same only to be stopped by a large hand.

"Bro, dont leave me to die of boredom! Spare me!" Andre dramatically said as he pushed the small chair that pulls out from James' seat, placing him in the center aisle.

"Talk to Yassi?" James said. He really wanted to go back to sleep but didnt want to seem rude. Even though they spent a few months together from their DNP days as well as their rehearsals, Andre's knowledge of James was an ant compared to what Nadine knows. Andre might take his sleepiness as pissed off.

Andre simply pointed to the girl beside him animatedly talking to one of the crew. Sighing, James placed his earphones back to his bag's pocket and put his phone on his lap as he twisted to face a grinning Andre.

My friend is weird, James thought while smiling and started to converse. Talking to Andre sure is the best way to stay awake.

10 minutes later

"Why isn't the bus moving?" James asked, but he saw Andre was talking to his manager. No one was laying attention to him, some were on their phones while a few slept. Grabbing his bag strap he stood up and walked towards the girl bobbing her head to whatever song that was blasting through her earphones.

He placed his bag on the seat beside her tapped Nadine's head.

"Oh James? May kailangan ka?" Nadine asked with a smile as she took out her earphones and paused the song playing on her phone. She had to crane her neck because James was still standing behind her seat. "Ay wait, saan ka nakaupo?"

She only realized that her friend did not sit beside her. They always sat beside each other unless they needed the whole seat to sleep.

"I was placed at the very back with sila Andre" he said. Nadine gave a nod, she was used to his clipped replies.

"You look so sleepy, take a nap muna kaya" she said worriedly when she noticed James was slumped and was leaning on her seat as though for support. She put a hand on his arm to pull him down but she froze in shock when she felt James' fingers caress her cheek.

Friends is a term that could not be applied to them, they both agree on that at least. They were much too close and knew too much about each other, thus they could say they're each others close friends. In fact because of their closeness they know they are each others best friends too, but they never admitted it. They have their moments of shyness too, like any other person. Partners in crime was a much better "label" to their malabo relationship. Malabo because there were moments like this that confuse the pair, individually.

James knows Nadine is a caring person to the bone. A genuine girl who sincerely cares for anyone, but there were times where she acts like a girlfriend and he doesnt mind...at all. But in a foul mood, he would find her caring ways, annoying and he knew the reason why he found it so but wouldnt want to admit it, even to himself. Because if he did, then he would be admitting to a different feeling all together, he would have to admit that he feels what just friends shouldnt. And like he said so many times in countless of interviews: "We work. Why ruin something that works" with that in mind he brought his hand down, snapping himself out of his daze.

Nadine shook her head out of her thoughts when she didnt feel the warmth on her cheek anymore. It was moments like that, that make Nadine over think. James had his boyfriend moments that make Nadine wish she could freely fall for him but she knew what was at stake. And although she would never admit it out loud, she knew the main reason why she would keep her inner thoughts about James to herself because she knew she had already fallen for his mysterious, slightly bad boy, broken tagalog, annoying charm. She may love him as a friend (for now), she knew it wouldnt be too long until that love grows to something else entirely.

"AALIS NA TAYO IN 3 MINUTES! UMUPO NA KAYO!" Tita Linda yelled as she went back to sit at the very front of the bus. Unknowingly she brought the main highlight of the concert out of their thoughts.

"Can I sit beside you?" James asked as he moved to stand beside Nadine's seat.

"Tinatanong pa ba yan?" She said as she moved James' bag to her feet, beside her carry on. James took a seat and reached over Nadine to grab a jacket out of his bag. The AC was on too high. The bus started to move.

Instinctively, Nadine gave the other bud of her earphone to James who sat straight after he got a jacket out. James took it silently and leaned against the seat. Nadine copied him, and rested her head on his shoulder. James shifted in his seat so he and Nadine would be more comfortable and placed his jacket on top of him, instead of wearing it. Nadine immediately wrapped her arms around James' because her fingers were starting to get numb from the cold. Under the protection of his jacket, James put a hand on top of her cold ones and gave her a small smile to which she returned with a tired grin.

No one was paying attention to them but their 2 friends who were silently fangirling.

"I told you he would move to Nadz" Andre said as he leaned back against his seat, smiling smugly at his friend.

"I didnt say he wouldnt" Yassi retorted back. She mentally made a note to interrogate her bestie when they get back to Manila.

They both stared at the couple, both with grins on their faces and a knowing glint in their eyes.

-----------
100 VOTES WOOOO, this is extra long and cheesy for this achievement. THANK YOU!!

15 votes = next chapter

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!