SEVEN (1): More Than Friends

2016

FOLLOW JadineUpdate ON YT!! THEY/HE/SHE made videos that made me cry and kilig! BTW this chapter is unedited and was rushed and SHORT

∆ SEVEN (1): More Than Friends ∆

"Flight 15 to the United States of America is now boarding. Passengers of this flight please proceed to Gate J03."

Despite the booming speakers, the couple dressed in black and their companions barely heard the flight announcements over the amount of shouting going on around them. The big, burly airport security guards were no match against the horde of fans that followed the crew to the elevators, even their warnings of missing their flights were not heard. Flashes upon flashes of light blinded James and Nadine, this was the worst stampede they have ever experienced yet they felt like a billion dollars. It wasn't because they were being crushed and pushed to different directions and are already feeling a headache coming from the feeling, not to mention their body was just starting to adjust to the different timezone, but because they felt like big shots. This kind of mob was something they only see happen from international stars like Angelina Jolie that is why James' smile stood out despite the situation although it didn't stay when he didn't feel the familiar cold hands on his shoulder that tells him that she's beside him. He started to panic but continued to smile.

There is no need to alarm the fans, he thought as he looked left and right for the messy but stylish ponytail of his best friend.

He knew he didn't consider her as just a best friend anymore. Oh no, she means much more to him now. He thanks God for the blessing he had gotten from Tito Dong when he asked to court Nadine about 4-5 months ago. Prior to that he thought that it's just the Clark in him and all the romantic energy surrounding their teleserye that was making him feel this way that is why he did not dwell on his feelings for her. But it sure did not stop his actions (which made it look like they are a couple) until he could not stand to hold back anymore. He just had to have Nadine.

He had to have her as his.

He knew he touched her more possessively now but he could not help it. He wanted to touch her and feel the comfort of her touch. In the few dates they have been to, especially the night they went shopping for the clothes they would need for this trip, he had to constantly remind himself not to take her hand or put his arm arm around her. He brought his hover board for that very reason so that he wouldn't be tempted to do the aforementioned gestures. He settled for a second worth of touch on her shoulder blade though.

He was taken out of his thoughts when he saw her.

Nadine was being pushed by the fans and pulled by the people guiding them through the crowd. She was feeling dizzy and felt like she wanted to vomit but she was able to keep it in and give a small smile to the fans giving a wave here and there. Despite all this, all she could think about was James' safety and whereabouts.

Nasan ka James! She thought as she searched the crowd for a pogi friend.

No! Don't go there Nadine! You guys are just good friends. Nothing more. There couldn't be anything more.

Yeah right. Who was she kidding? They've been hanging out, just the two of them. In fact, he called their hang outs as dates so why deny her feelings any further?

Ugh, I need to sit, Nadine thought as another wave of nausea hit her. She had just come from a more than 10 hours flight, she did not want to sound like a brat but she needed some shut eye.

But I need to find James first.

A few more pushes and pulls, she was finally free of the revolving doors and was escorted by her RM to a white van. The moment the car door slid open her eyes searched for thick, black hair only to find the car empty except for some luggages. A small push to her back made her pull herself up to a solo leather seat and she turned to her RM.

"Kuya, si James po?"

"Hay kung makatanong kayong dalawa parang naman hindi kayo magkikita sa hotel" the haggard-looking man said as he gave Nadine a tired smile, but his eyes showed his amusement. "Nasa kotse na nasa harapan natin. Hindi ka dun nakaupo kasi madami nang nakaharang na media at fans. Wag ka magalala, magkikita din kayo ng BESTIE mo sa hotel. Relax"

He then shut the door close and went to the passenger seat.

Nadine hurriedly opened her carry-on bag and got her phone out. Tapping the first name in her inbox she sent the following message:

To: James Reid 👨
Are you okay?

Not a minute later, her phone dinged.

From: James Reid 👨
Yes. You?

Nadine smiled. She was used to his short replies; that's how he is anyway. Straight to the point James.

To: James Reid 👨
I'm fine. Just got in the car. Did you drink water?

James' smile grew. She has always been so caring.

To: Naddie
Nope. Too busy asking the people here where you were. I should've held your hand tighter. I told you not to let go of my hands in the elevator just in case of a mob

From: Naddie.
Yes po. I promise to follow your orders next time you warn me about a mob. I promise to not let go.

James smiled even bigger as the car started to move. He tapped his home button and stared at his home screen. It was a candid picture of Nadine laughing that he took a screenshot of, from one of the JaDine fan accounts in Instagram.

My Naddie, I promise to keep you safe.