16. Bonding

Saturday, a day created to spend it on bed; away from people.

Beca woke up at the sound of her front door closing. "Satan's back, little hobbit." Caren said.

Beca smiled at the particular way her mom used to greet her. Swinging her legs to the side of her bed, she got to her feet and threw her arms over her head, letting out a loud goan as she stretched her limbs.

"Morning satan." Beca said standing besides her mother.

"Morning? Its almost half past one." Caren laughed. "Do you have any plans for today? We could eat something outside if you want."

Before beca could agree, or actually talk, her phone buzzed.
From: bossy blonde
See you all at 2 at the park a block away from school.

Beca groaned at the text, her mother furrowing her eyebrows.
"Who texted you?" she asked concerned.

"Aubrey." she shrugged. "I have a bella bonding. I'm not going."
Her mother's eyebrows got so high they were basically out of her face.

"The what?"
Beca mentally slapped herself. You see, she never told her what the bellas are.

Beca quickly left the kitchen, her mother following her behind.

"I may or may not have auditioned for a female acapella group." she said trying to hide her face with one of the pillows of the couch. She was sure she was about to die of embarrassment.

"My daughter an a capella singer?"_ Caren asked amazed. "MY DAUGHTER A SINGER? YOU SING?" of course she was happy for Beca, her daughter was finally trying new things, but this wasn't beca kind of things. There must be a reason.

Beca nodded shyly. "Apparently."

"What made you join it?" she asked. Beca tried to find an answer that her mother would believe but then, her mother risked the question. "Or who made you join it?" she asked moving her eyebrows up and down.

"Okay, im done." Beca got up from the couch and walked towards her bedroom.

She unblocked her phone and noticed she had a text from Amy.

From: Aussie
You goin' short stuff?

Beca typed a 'nope' before blocking her phone and grabbing her laptop, placing her headphones on her ears.

As soon as Amy got her response, she texted the other girls of the group.
'Shorty plans on not goin. Do somethin.'

Aubrey was not in the mood to deal with Beca, if Beca didn't want to hang out with them, she shouldn't have joined the group. Aubrey was about to break her phone, when an idea popped in her head, she typed a text to the other girls.

If the horse doesn't go to the water, the water goes to the horse. ;)