10. I Need to find out

After spending almost two and a half hours At Beca's room studying math, Chloe's phone rang.

She muttered a quick sorry to Beca, Who was explaining something to her, before answering.

"Chloe freaking Beale, where are you?" Aubrey asked frustrated.

"At Beca's studying. What's the matter?" Chloe simply asked.

Aubrey was so close to starting world war III. "YOU SERIOUS? PRACTICE STARTS IN TEN MINUTES AND YOU AREN'T EVEN HERE."

SHIT. Chloe looked At Beca Who didn't understand What was happening. "SHIT I FORGOT. I'll be there." and she hung up.

"Bellas practice." Was all that Chloe had to say to get Beca's attention.

"I have a quick and very short question." Beca said to her friend, Who was putting all of her stuff back in her backpack, ready to leave. "Do we sing in front of the group the first day?"

"Well, duh." Chloe said as if it was obvious. "Or maybe we'll practice the choreography."

Chloe saw how Beca reacted, she knew something went past the brunette's mind. "Everything okay?"

"Uh yeah. Just, Let me grab some water before we go." Beca practically ran towards the bathroom, taking the empty bottle that was on her desk.

She left the bathroom 10 seconds later. She seemed more relaxed for some reason. "Ready."

"We'll never get there in time, its a 30 minute walk to school or 9 by bus, but i dont think it'll come any time soon." Chloe said looking at the clock in her phone. 3:41PM.

She was obviously worried, she didn't want to be late the first day of practice, actually she didn't want her cousin to be mad At her for being late.

"Where you going?" Chloe asked as she saw how Beca started jogging towards her house again.

"Wait there." She simply said.

The brunette apeared some seconds later riding a black BMX. "It was either this or run."

She motioned the red head to sit behind her, which was pretty difficult for somebody Who was wearing skinny jeans. Chloe hugged Beca's tiny waist so she wouldnt fall. The brunette had to ride as fast as she could, and she did.

After almost killing a man, crushing against a bench and trying not to fall, they reached the school.

"You better run." Chloe said taking Beca by the wrist.

3:58PM. They made it to the practice with two minutes left. Beca was still trying to catch her breathe. She barely had time to breathe when she got off her bike.

"We made it just in time." Chloe said excited. Beca gave her thumbs up. She had her hands on her knees and still tried to catch her breathe.

"Thats why we do cardio." Aubrey said from behind the brunette. Beca's eyes opened in a size bigger than usual.

"Cardio?" Beca asked, the blonde nodded. "Shit."

For the next few minutes, more girls kept coming and Beca's breathing went back to normal.

"Hello Bellas, welcome to the first practice of the Bellas." Aubrey said pacing back and forth after everyone sat down. "As you can see, Kori and Mary Elise are not here. Last Friday, they were Treble-boned. They have been uninvited from the Bellas."

"That oath was serious?" Beca asked.

"Dixie Chicks serious. You can fool around with whoever you want to, just not a treble." Beca couldn't believe how serious Aubrey took the group.

"We will practice every monday and wednesday for at least an hour and a half, team bonding some Saturdays or other days. And I trust you will add your own cardio." BOOM, that earned aubrey a few glances from all the girls.

"Yeah, no. Don't put me down for cardio." Amy said.

Aubrey decided to ignore the blonde, she was getting to the point where she either kill somebody or yell.

"Anyways... We will start with some laps and then vocal warming." Beca swallowed hard, she didnt expect to start using her voice the first practice.

The action didn't go unnoticed by the red head.

"So? What are you waiting for? 14 LAPS AROUND THE ROOM." Aubrey demanded.

Everybody started jogging around the room, up and down the stairs, everyone following Chloe.

"Come on girls! Let's go! Go, go, go! Pick up your knees! Faster, faster! One, two, one, two, one two! Knees up, knees up! Go, go! Go! Let's get it!" Aubrey started to get dense for every girl in the room, i mean, who doesn't hate somebody who's constantly yelling at you while you run?

"Amy! What are you doing?" Everyone stopped and turned to see the australian.

"I'm doing horizontal running." Amy said innocently

Clever. Beca thought.

Aubrey was counting to 10 to not murder a human. "Whatever, take 30 seconds to drink water and we start with vocal warm ups."

Beca automatically walked towards her backpack and started looking for something, Chloe tried to see What was she looking for. What was the thing she put in there before leaving her house.

"I need your help with the choreography." A savage blonde appeared and blocked her view.

"What do you want me to do?" Chloe said taking another sip of her bottle.

"Just help me to show it and teach it." The blonde shrugged.

Aubrey started to explain some exercises for the warm ups, everyone listened and did as Aubrey instructed. Beca didn't seem too comfortable.

After almost 3 weeks with Beca, Chloe learned that whenever the brunette was nervous or anxious, she started playing with her fingers or sleeves. And now, she was nervous. Maybe Beca was scared to sing in front of people...no, that couldn't be. She wouldn't be in the Bellas if that was a problem. Right?

Aubrey, somehow, managed to teach them how to sing, or play in this case, the bass notes. The thing is that she taught them how, but it didn't sound...normal.

On the other hand, Chloe started showing them the choreography, Aubrey wasn't so happy with the results.

"Ookay." everyone's attention was on Aubrey now. "That's it for today, keep practicing the dance, run for At least 5 minutes everyday and don't forget to take Care of your voices."

You could hear some sighs from the girls, Beca was the first one to storm out of the room, Stacie following behind. If Chloe said she wasn't following them, she would be lying. She stood behind them, a few feet away.

"I can't keep coming." Chloe heard the brunette said to Stacie. "I didn't thought it would be this stressing."

"Its not stressing, you're just not used to it." Stacie placed her hands on Beca's shoulder and took her chin with one of her hands, forcing her to look At her. "Why are you doing this? Did you take your pills?"

Beca nodded, not meeting the taller woman's eyes.

"Good." Stacie embraced Beca's figure in a tight hug. "Don't preassure yourself, if you wanna leave the group its okay, i'll invent something to them."

"No, its okay." she replied. "I can handle it."

The two brunettes started walking away. What the hell happened? Why Beca was taking pills? Pills for What? Chloe needed to know what was going on with Beca, maybe she could help her, or maybe she shouldnt try to help her.

A/N short, i know. I wrote this At class because YOLO. Any opinion? Chapter 11 will be out soon, promise