Chapter 8

The next day the blizzard had stopped and many of the children were outside playing in the snow. Some of them were building snowmen and making snow angels. It was cute watching them from the inside. I'd be outside but it is really cold and I don't have anything really warm to put on.

"You can go outside you know." My mate says he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Yes. But it's cold." And I'm not allowed in our room until the window is fixed.

"Luna. You can use my coat." I shake my head kindly at the girl.

"No, thank you. I'd like to spend the day inside." I give her a smile and she smile back. I look around the house that isn't decorated for Thanksgiving. The walls are just white and boring. "Sam." He kisses my cheek to say I have his attention. "Let's spend the day decorating for Thanksgiving with the children." My mate grins widely against my cheek.

"You are a great Luna." He says making me smile.

"Thank you."

"I love you."

"I love you." I respond and turn around. "Now let's go get all the kids that want to do some arts and crafts.

We spend the next few minutes gathering kids that want to help decorate the house. The kids are all so enthusiastic about being with the luna. I'm basically like a celebrity to them. For a few hours we do arts and crafts. Sam and I help them with the scissors and glue but they ended up having a really fun time.

The boys that were outside were sad when they realized they didn't get to spend any time with Sam or I. Sam and I then went outside to play with the kids. We built snowmen and made snow angels. We all just and a lot of. By the end of the day our window was done so we were able to go back to our room. I was able to change into warm clothing before going outside.

"Alpha!" I hear my brother call making us all freeze.

"Dean." Sam says in his official voice.

"We need you to sign off on some plans." My mate gives the beta a stiff nod before turning to me.

"I'll be back faster than you know it. I promise." I give him a small smile as he pecks my lips causing the children to all say Ewww! I giggle as my mate leaves with a smile on his face.

"Okay. Who wants to play tag?" I used to watch my peers play this game when I was little. It looked like a lot of fun but I was never able to join because of my rank.

"I do! I do!" Little kids cheer and start playing the game.

"You're it!" One of the kids touches my leg and I laugh as I start chasing the kids around the backyard. I touch a little boy's shoulder causing him to be 'it.' He giggles and starts chasing people.

I pretend to run as fast as I can to give the kids hope that they can catch me but as I was running I accidently tripped over a snowman, causing my legs to bed at a bad angle and for my right leg to snap and break. I let a muffled scream against my hand. All the kids stop running and two guards rush over to me. Tears stream down my eyes from the pain of my broken leg.

"Somebody..please get.. Sam." I say through the pain.

"He's on his way, Luna." I nod quickly and lay on the soft snow. My mate is next to me in a few seconds.

"What happened?" He asks me

"I fell." I tell him.

"The doctor is on her way." I nod slowly and look around. The children are all staring at me with horrified gazes.