1) The Gallery

A story I've been working on for a friends birthday. It should all be done by September and mabye be 11 chapters long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vast

  Getting in was always the easy part. Vast kept to the shadows waiting for his brother’s signal. They were at a prestigious art gallery, specializing in precious gems and jewelry. Clover always scouted ahead simply because the chances of him getting caught were far slimmer then Vast’s. In fact the chance of Clover getting caught was zero taking into consideration that he could make himself invisible.

  Vast shifted and lit a cigarette taking a long drag and figuring Clover decided to go in on his own. He couldn’t blame his brother really; Vast had fucked up a few times in the past. Vast admitted that he was indeed a little reckless; he’d almost killed them both the last time they went out on a heist. Toxic had followed them after their battle and they clashed into another fight. Toxic had got the upper hand and Clover was reaching his limit. Vast had acted fast and got them the hell out of there, only loosing Toxic after hours of running.

  Vast tossed the butt of the cigarette into the gutter and sighed looking around for his brother and praying he hadn’t passed out anywhere. He pushed off the wall and hurried toward the gallery. Vast made his way slowly into the large building finding the empty window where Clover must have gone in. Clover’s powers always seem to surprise Vast.

  “I didn’t even know he could do that.” He mumbled as he slipped through the window and realized Clover just broke it. Vast cursed under his breath swallowing any compliments he might have had for Clover and continued on. Vast turned the corner and came face to face with a security guard. Before he had a chance to call for help Vast slipped around to his back and covered his eyes.

  “Shh…” He hissed into the fat man’s ear. The guard struggled for a moment but then went limp. Vast let him drop with a soft thud. Vast surveyed his work; a black handprint was left where Vast touched the man. The villain then turned on his heel heading for the prize, only to find it was gone. Vast stared at the empty case for a moment wondering if Clover remembered to go to the safe house. He really didn’t want to wonder the streets for hours looking for him.

  Footsteps snapped Vast out of his thoughts; he turned around expecting another security guard or maybe even Clover. Instead a man stood there his arms folded across his broad chest. Vast was beside himself and couldn’t help but smirk. The man wore a pressed suit and his simple mask much like Clover’s but less cheap. “Didn’t have time to dress in your spandex huh?” He questioned backing up into the display case.

  “What are you doing here Vast? Haven’t I taught you your lesson?” The man questioned ignoring Vast’s comment. This hero went by the name of Toxic. Vast always thought it sounded like a villain’s name and questioned it as often as he could. “You know you don’t want to fight me.” Toxic continued. Vast tilted his head his smirk turning into an evil grin.

  “Oh I don’t know about that hero you are a hero aren’t you…Toxic?” He asked, however when Toxic didn’t answer Vast simply shrugged. “Maybe I’ve got something up my sleeve.” He said pulling a knife from its hiding place under his shirt.

  “You can’t really say that was up your sleeve.” Toxic pointed out taking a step closer to Vast. Toxic wasn’t as afraid of touching Vast as Vast was of touching Toxic. Their powers were at odds. Vast controlled darkness, he could force a person into a comatose sate for a few minutes by projecting emptiness into their senses. This technique was used on the security guard moments ago.

  Toxic on the other hand was just that toxic, he could excrete poison from his skin and one touch could be fatal even if that person is super human. They both had to touch skin for their powers to work so fighting was a give and take situation between them. Vast was always so envious of him but would never say it aloud.