Chapter 1 *Hard Day of Work*

"Okay that will be $17.32." I asked the customer politely.

He gave me $20 so that will be $2.68 i said in my head before the register could ring the amount of change I needed to give back, I gave him back his change and handed him his receipt.

I waved to the next customer to order his meal.

"Welcome to In-N-Out Burger, what would you like?" I smiled politely.

Yup there's me, working in In-N-Out Burger just barley paying for college. If I'm going to my dream university I have to pay it somehow. Luckily I landed this job.

I work here pretty much everyday, just chilling. Taking orders from rude customers and trying my best not to spit in there food. I never thought living in Los Angeles would be like this. I always imagine coming here taking a swim on Malibu beach and meeting a hot surfer.

Yeah don't always believe in movies....books as well.

I'm just ready to get back to my dorm and sleep until another day at the fast food joint. I feel sorry for my roommate Charlotte, always dealing with the smell of icky grease every time I come home. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

I was taking my last customers order of the day. This old lady was just taking her time. She looks over the menu, then at me and holds her finger to let me know she's not ready, then back staring at the menu for what feels like hours! C'mon lady Im going to miss my bus! It's 9:55 p.m. and the last bus that goes through my campus route leaves at 10:00 p.m.

I'm shaking by the feeling of it. Since the bus stop is just around the corner I don't think I'm going to make it even if I do run.

"I'll have a cheeseburger." She smiled.

A cheeseburger?! A cheese burger. Lady you stayed in line for about a decade just for a cheese burger. I rang her up and handed my register to Davion my co worker.

I signed out as fast I could and ran out of the place. I heard a couple of hollers saying goodbye. I would've responded but I'm not going to make it to my bus on time. I checked my watch 10:01. Shit shit shit. Hopefully the bus is still there waiting for later comers like me to arrive. I ran to the busstop only finding that the bleachers are empty.

No. Dammit. Looks like I'm going to have to walk. It's about a 45 minute to and hour walk. I'm already tired and I have to walk back to my dorm. I could call Charlotte up but she's probably out partying at one of the sororities jock houses. Now you're wondering why I don't party with them? It's just not my thing. Charlotte more of the outgoing popular sociable person while I'm just laid back and carefree.

I don't even know how we are friends. Opposites attract I guess? She's been a good friend of mine since the beginning of the year and she would do literally anything for me as same to her.

I pressed the pedestrian signal in order for me to cross the road. I pulled out my IPhone and headphones, wanting to listen to some music for this journey of a walk. I slide through the different musics, I am very well organize. I category my music from the types of genres. Country, Pop, Electronica, etc. I'm the type of person who doesn't care what kind of music it is as long as it's good.

The walk sign appeared as I began crossing the street a large bus was coming towards me. It's going to stop right? It was going fast...too fast. As a retard I stood there not moving. I wanted to run but my feet were literally frozen.

Oh my lord I'm going to die. I'm going to die. Why today? Why not hiking in a beautiful mountain? I'm going to die after working at that shitty place. I covered my face with my hands and the headlights shined so bright I screamed. The honking from the bus was blaring through my ears.

"AHHHH!" I yelled.

It was a few minutes. Did I die? Is this was dieing suppose to feel like? Nothing. If so that wasn't so bad. I pulled my hands out of my face to see what heaven looked like. Weird.. I'm in the same street, the big ass bus is right infront of me. Am I dead?

"OH MY GOSH ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" A deep british accent came from the bus.

I guess I'm not dead...yay?

A/N

So first chapter <3

I know I didn't get the votes and comments that I was suppose to but oh well. Who cares.

So oooh cliffhanger! How do you like Avery so far? Seems pretty chilled, laid back.