Part 17

I want to thanks everyone who read-voted-commented my story. You were my rock and gave me strength to continue. I wish you have a nice time with your loved ones. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

6 months later:

Lisbon looked at her reflection on the large mirror in front of her. Two hour left before she would become Mrs. Pike. Two months since the day she agreed to go on an date with Marcus. She was going to get married to a man who was perfect for her and yet she didn't love him. This day should have been the best of her life but it seemed to be the worst. Her wedding started to become a nightmare.

Lisbon groaned as she struggled to reach and close the zip of her wedding dress. The wedding would take place on a small romantic place. Marcus had chose it, she didn't really care about the wedding preparations. There was a small dressing room and Lisbon decided to escape in there. She could listen the laughs and the music from inside but she felt like all was a dream and she wished someone to wake her up.

"Don't do it." Lisbon heard Angela's voice from behind and turn around to look at her. "Don't marry him Teresa."

"Can you help me with the zip?" Lisbon asked ignoring her and turned and faced the mirror again.

"Why are you doing it? Why are you ready to make the biggest mistake in your life?" Angela asked angrily.

"You are the one who told me to move on. " Lisbon replied upset.

"Yes. But with someone you love. You can even stand to be around Marcus any more. He touches you and I can see how much you want to push him away. " Angela said calm.

"I will learn to love him. " Lisbon said determinate.

"No, you won't. And do you know why? Because you are still in love with Patrick." Angela responded.

"No. No, I'm not." Lisbon hissed.

"Then why didn't you sleep with Marcus and ask him to wait until the wedding? Why did you read Patrick's letters every night?" Angela snapped irritated.

"It's complicated. "Lisbon said with a low voice trying to prevent the tears to escape from her eyes.

"No, it's not. I know he hurt you but this has nothing to do with him. You try to forget him with the wrong way. " Angela said and moved closer making Lisbon to face her. "Maybe it's time to make peace with it and find a way to be happy. It's not too late."

Meanwhile:

Jane was sitting on his living room having a glass of whiskey in his hands. He drank it all in one sip and refilled it again. He was miserable, hurt. He lost Lisbon and he only blamed himself. Today was her wedding day and he couldn't stand the thought of his woman to be on another man's arms. Sam and Pete were there to support him and stopped him of making something dumb.

He missed her so much. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her voice, her scent, her. He missed everything but it was what he deserved. He hurt her, he slept with another woman while he tried to seduce her when she let him in her life and trusted him. There was no return from it. He couldn't take it back.

He began to work with Sac PD. It wasn't so bad but it didn't feel like when he worked with Lisbon's team. Lisbon treated him as equal, not as a sidekick. She didn't mock him about his previous job. He send her letters every week. He never stopped. Sometimes he walked around her house or CBI trying to have a glimpse of her. He watched her from afar hiding.

One day a car would have almost hit her but he ran and pushed her out of the road the last second. It was a miracle how he didn't hurt. Lisbon didn't face him but she just walked slowly away whispering a thank you. It broke his heart seeing her like it.