Part 5

Lisbon returned home and as soon she closed the door behind her, she found herself to be hugged by Charlotte.

"Mommy, you are back." Charlotte said and Lisbon hugged her back.

"Yeah. I missed you. How was your day in school? Everything is fine?" Lisbon asked with concerned.

"Yes. I played and draw new pictures. Aunt Angela took me and we went for shopping." Charlotte replied enthusiastically.

"What did you buy?" Lisbon asked smiling and took Charlotte's hand and sat together on the couch.

"Food and aunt Angela bought me a nerf gun."

"Isn't she a mom's girl?" Angela said coming to the room. "The apple will fall under the tree." she continued mocking.

"Come on. Go and bring it to show it to me." Lisbon said to Charlotte and she stood up and began to run to her room.

"How was your day? You looked tired." Angela asked serious.

"New case and a new member in my team. Both at the same day." Lisbon exhaled lightly.

"New member?" Angela asked curious.

"Yeah. I met him the other day at the fundraiser and he spoke to Minelli to work with me. He is a psychic. " Lisbon mumbled.

"And Minelli agreed? The last time, you didn't get along with Mrs. Frye. What is his name?"

"Patrick Jane. You may know him. He is quite popular and not in a good way. "

"I heard of him. He doesn't have a good reputation. Especially in his personal life. Why did he ask to join your team? What does he want?"

"Believe it or not, he said he is romantic interesting to me. That he wants to get me know better." Lisbon scoffed.

"And?" Angela asked curious.

"And what?"

"Do you like him? " Angela asked her nervously.

"He is really beautiful. And he has a way to get under your skin but no. I'm not ready to date yet." Lisbon sighed.

"Teresa, I know it's your life but you should let people closer to you. You are not only a mother and a cop. You are also a woman. And you need someone to remind you this. " Angela respond softly.

"And you think he can do it?" Lisbon asked sarcastically.

"I don't know. But you have to low your walls and go back to the game." Angela replied serious and continued without waiting a respond. "Greg won't come back. It has been five years. You need to move on. You need a new companion and a father for Charlotte. "

"What do you think I have to do? "

"Trust people. Give them a shot before you reject them. You may have Charlotte but I know a part of you miss something. You may be hurt. It's normal. But you will regret it if you won't try it." Angela suggested and they changed the topic as Charlotte came back and started to shoot Lisbon with her new nerf gun.

Meanwhile:

Jane sat at his couch and opened the case file and started to read it. He found fascinating all the thrill to catch the murderer and he found himself to enjoy working at the CBI. His new coworkers were good and honest people. They seemed to have create a small family between them and Cho and Rigsby were a little distant with him. Van Pelt was more opened to him, she believed that he has the power and she told him about her cousin Yolanda who is a psychic too. Lisbon was mad with him at the beginning but she was very professional and let her emotions away and took him with her in interviews and she explained the procedure polite.