Part 16

Lisbon let her office after her talking with Clara Bowman. She was near the tears. She began to drive without having a destination. She had calls from the team and Jane but she denied them. When she was outside the city, she let the tears to fall. She cried in silent about how dumb she was to believe in Patrick Jane. Why else could a man like Patrick Jane go after her? Everything were lies. Nothing more, nothing less.

She found herself on a beach. She sat there looking at the blue ocean. She was mad with herself. She should have listen the voice inside her. She felt completely humiliated and mortified. Their whole relationship was a lie. A bet to win a job in television. The love they shared, the kisses, the night they spend together, everything were fake. She had chose to see the best in him and not think about his past. Lisbon wished none of it would have happened.

Lisbon stayed there for one more hour. She stood up slowly and went back to her car. She needed some explanations from Jane and he would give them to her. Lisbon sobbed all the way back to the town. She collected herself before she went to Jane's house.

It took all her strength to calm herself and knocked gentle his door. As soon Jane opened it, he gave her a smile and leaned in for a kiss. Lisbon turned her head to avoid it and Jane looked at her puzzled. He invited her inside and they made their way to the living room. They sat across each other and Lisbon just stared at him. The silence filled the room and Jane was uneasy.

"Teresa, is everything ok?" Jane spoke first breaking the silence.

"We have to talk." Lisbon began. "I had a very interesting meeting this morning. With an old friend of yours. Clara Bowman." Lisbon added looking at him with cold , glassy eyes.

"Teresa, I don't know what she told you..." Jane said making a step forward but Lisbon raided her hand and stopped him.

"She told me everything. Sleeping with other women while you tried to seduce me. The bet. Everything." Lisbon said with a broke voice. "It seems I was just a bet."

"Please don't say it. I can explain." Jane replied with panic

"Explain what? Your lies? If you knew how dirty and humiliated I feel this moment.." Lisbon hissed.

"Please don't. Not everything was a lie. My feeling for you are true. I love you and no matter what happens I will continue to love you." Jane said and walked in front of her and caught her hand.

"There is no reason to continue your act Jane. It's over." Lisbon responded and flung her hand away.

Jane's mouth went dry. Was there no hope for them?

"It's not an act Teresa. I love you. We can get through it." Jane replied with tears in his eyes.

"I don't know if I can believe anything you say Jane. You hurt me. You used me. You only wanted money, sex and approval. Well, congratulations. You won. Go collect your prize. But stay away from me and my family." Lisbon said tears sliding from her eyes.

"Are you going to leave me?" Jane whispered and a single tear escape from his eye.

"Jane, what we had, it seemed real to me. I thought I could finally be with someone. But for you it was fake. " Lisbon replied

"It wasn't fake. Yes, it started out as a bet but my feelings changed later. " Jane snapped

"I don't want to see you again. I don't want to talk to you. I want you gone out of my life. We are done." Lisbon added and Lisbon walked out of his house.

Jane could hear her crying as she walked way. He wanted to run and stop her. He wanted desperate to comfort her but she was lost to him. Jane dropped to his knees.

"It's over. And it's all my fault." he murmured.

He had lost her and he had no one to blame other himself.

Lisbon return to her house and Angela and Charlotte were there. Angela felt immediately that something was off with her. Charlotte ran to her mother and Lisbon hugged her tight on her chest.

"Mom, where are we going to see Patrick again?" Charlotte asked with a grin on her face when they broke the hug.

"I'm sorry my sweetie but I don't think we are going to see him for a while." Lisbon replied softly.

"But I miss him. He promised me to take me to the movies at the weekend." Charlotte sighed.

"We can go together. I'm really sorry my baby." Lisbon said

Lisbon loved Charlotte with all her heart. She hated to see her hurt. She couldn't have allow Jane to meet her. Charlotte stomped away and went to her room. Lisbon explained everything to Angela and she looked at her with sympathy and understanding.

The next day:

Lisbon arrived late at CBI. Minelli called her and informed her about Jane's resignation. She closed the blinds and sat down to her chair. She didn't want to see anyone or replied to the team's questions. She was ready to begin work when a letter draw her attention. She took it carefully on her hands and began to read it.

Dear Teresa,

Since you haven't answer my calls or texts, I can only assume that you don't want anything to do with me. I'm not okay with it but I will respect your wishes. I'm sorry about what I did to you. I hate myself for it. What we shared was special and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. All I want is your happiness. I can't go back to my old life. This isn't me anymore. I will start work with Sac PD. They ask to hire me for a long time now. I will continue writing to you. Every week I will write a new letter. It's my only way to feel close to you. I hope you don't mind. I wish one day to find a way to make you forgive me and give me a chance. I know I don't deserve it but I can't stop to hope.

Love you always,

Patrick Jane.

Lisbon's tears hit the paper she was holding. her heart was racing and her breath caught in her throat.

Cho knocked her door and entered.

"Boss, we have a new case." he said

"Yeah, I'm coming." Lisbon replied with a nod.

Lisbon wiped her tears away and placed the letter in her bag and stood up.

Attention. Next is the last chapter. I won't update it since Christmas day. But I will give you two spoilers.

1)a script tease. "Charlotte is right Teresa. Go to your family."

2)we will have two time travels.

c)\84Z2