Part 7

It took an half hour to reach Lisbon's house and Jane stopped his car outside. Like a gentleman he went and opened her door and helped her out. He accompanied her until her front door keeping his hands on his pockets staying silence.

Lisbon searched in her bag for her keys and she turned slowly to look at him. She was touched from his offer to drive her home and she smiled to him. She was ready to speak when he talked first.

"I guess this is it. I will see you tomorrow at work." Jane said looking at the ground. "Good night Lisbon." Jane continued and turned around and started to walk to his car.

"Jane?" Lisbon shouted at him letting a sigh and took a step toward Jane feeling a little scared.

Jane stopped and turned when he heard his name. Her voice was low and sweet and his heart bounded happily on his chest.

"I know you wished you could have done something else tonight but thanks for the drive." She said with a bright smile. "It's not too late. Do you want a cup of tea? It's the least I can do for you after all the trouble."

"I would like it. " Jane responded smiling and went beside her.

Lisbon nodded and opened her front door slowly. She went inside first and Jane followed her in. Lisbon closed the door behind him and Jane examined her house. It was much smaller from his house. A small living room with a couch , a television and a bookcase. On the walls there were pictures and some paintings. Jane's focus caught by some pictures where Lisbon's ex-husband was. He was smiling bright having Lisbon on his arms and his head on her shoulder. He has never seen Lisbon so happy and peaceful before. The paintings were painted obviously by a child and Jane's mind went to Charlotte. There were beautiful and sweet. Charlotte drew mostly her mother making a small family. It was clear the absent of her father and how it bothered her. Jane felt suddenly sad about the little child and Lisbon.

Lisbon returned a few minutes later and offered him a cup of tea. He accepted it smiling and took a small sip. It was different from his usual tea but it was surprising tasty. He sat beside her on the couch and spoke first.

"Your house is nice. I like the paintings." Jane said showing the wall behind them.

"Thanks. My daughter did them. " Lisbon explained softly.

"Where is she?" he asked curious.

"Sometimes after school she goes to the neighbor's house and plays with their little daughter. I called them and they will bring her soon."

"It must be difficult to raise her alone." Jane said with care.

"It has difficulties but I have help and I can take care of it better." Lisbon responded neutral.

"In the pictures there is another female person." Jane noticed.

"Yes. She is my sister in law, Angela. She lives with us and she is a huge help for me."

"That's nice of her. " Jane remarked smoothly.

Jane found himself relax and enjoyed Lisbon's company. A few minutes later the bell rang and Lisbon stood up and opened the door quickly. As she opened it, she opened her arms and hugged Charlotte tight on her chest. Jane watched fascinating the lovely scene in front of him and when they broke the hug, Lisbon said goodbye to her neighbor and Jane gave Charlotte a bright smile.

"Hi. You must be Charlotte. I'm Patrick Jane. I work with your mother." Jane said to Charlotte with a sweet tone looking at her.

"You work with uncles Cho, Rigsby and aunt Grace too?" she asked standing next to the couch.